Manchester United

Liverpool under Klopp peaked, in terms of style, performances and offensive efficiency, somewhere between the CL and PL wins. I just don’t think Liverpool will reach that level of consistency again tbh

I think the big teams have gained more quality, with more competence coaches and have become familiar with Klopp’s tactics to the point others in the big 6 can compete with Liverpool H2H much better now

I also think Klopp is due a burnout

Nah, don’t think they do. They have a shot at a title yes but dominance? Nope.

Also don’t think they overtake Livepool either. Pogba may leave, Varane isn’t a sure thing, Sancho has a lot to prove in this league.

Salah and Mane just had a huge rest by their standards, Liverpool will be back.

Conte is trash in the CL btw.

Interesting, I personally wouldn’t count Klopp out so easily tbh. Konate and VVD returning will be much better than that pile of crap that was Phillips and Kabak.

5 Likes

I think the top 4 will be really strong this year.

City are City.

I think Liverpool will bounce back.

Chelsea first full season under Tuchel after the confidence of winning the CL.

United have a great squad if they keep Pogba, but I feel the ceiling is a bit limited under Ole.

2 Likes

Then there’s Arsenal flailing about in 7th :sob:

4 Likes

I’m curious to see how it looks too. I think City are a level above everybody else at this point, even more so if they get Kane or Haaland.

Liverpool, Chelsea and United are fighting it out more closely, those squads are very evenly matched

1 Like

or 9th… lets be realistic.

1 Like

There is a big risk that one or both of Salah and Mane fall off badly soon. Players of their type (top level wide forwards, dependent on elite short area quickness and dribbling) have not aged well in the Premier League historically due to injury/decline.

Titi was not the same player after the injury at 29.
Sanchez fell apart completely at 29.
Rooney fell off badly around 28-29.
Hazard’s body collapsed at age 28.

Not saying this will necessarily happen but its a big risk and if those two become sub elite guys who are decent when playing but often injured then Liverpool is in big trouble. Jota is a nice player but I haven’t seen the evidence yet that he can get to their top level.

Yeah with our current squad and it’s nigh on impossible to envisage us fighting for anything other than a 5th-8th placed finish :cry:

2 Likes

I’d settle for that.
It would mean we’re on the up. :grinning:

And that isn’t including Varane.

1 Like

I never thought I’d see United go through a near decade long league title drought.

5 Likes

They’re catching us up. :grinning:

Sadly even if their drought continues ours will always be 9 years worse.

1 Like

Ole’s at the wheel :raised_hands:

5 Likes

This is good news right?

Not so sure anymore tbh lol

4 Likes

I’m not sure it’s the cause for celebration we all probably thought it was a year plus ago, but I’d say it’s definitely good news when compared to them politely saying goodbye to Ole and hiring a serial winner like Conte, which is obviously the kind of thing United should be doing.

If its a binary choice between “good” and “bad”, it’s obviously good imo

2 Likes

Of course it is.

He’s a nordic Southgate, United will have a ceiling with him as their coach. Let the good times keep rolling.

5 Likes

Does that make Arteta a Basque Southgate?

1 Like