Manchester United

Suarez?

7 Likes

The impact wasn’t as imminent though. Suarez blew up later on.
Fernandes came and carried Utd to Top 4.

2 Likes

I was thinking more Kim Källström…

Nah, but how about Surarez, Vidic, Van Dijk?

3 Likes

Suarez, Vidic, Evra and van Dijk spring to mind.

1 Like

Bischoff?
But really, Aubameyang or Arshavin for us and Suarez or VVD.

VVD took Liverpool to a CL final within four months, then a 97 point season and CL win a year later.

Bruno helped United make top four in a year when everybody else imploded and has them poised to do the exact same the next year.

5 Likes

Auba should be the obvious answer.

1 Like

Henry on loan for 7 weeks for me.

6 Likes

Depends are they talking instant impact from Jan to the rest of that season ? Or overall signing for the duration ?

1 Like
1 Like

:violin:

11 Likes

The fucking balls on this guy, honestly

6 Likes

The fucking irony!

They got more penalties in one season than we got in 4 combined! Fuck off

4 Likes

Massive head, no brain. These statements will hurt him and Yanited big time. Considering they have been getting the rub of the green for 2 seasons straight regarding bullshit decisions.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Can’t wait to watch it. My position on Fergie has softened dramatically over the years. I hated every fibre of his being when we were rivals but the further we grew apart from United the more I admired Fergie’s ability to remain relevant and adapt.

The :goat: as much as it pains me to say it.

16 Likes

Same.

I hated this prick, and tbh I loved to hate him too.

He represents a diminishing of the fire, and quality in the game imo.

8 Likes

Greatest ever manager imo

1 Like

He’s in the conversation as the greatest manager ever, without question.

Other greats like Paisley or Sacchi had periods of incredible domestic and European success in a smaller period of time, but SAF’s longevity gives him a unique edge. Being at the top at one club for so long is extremely difficult to do and nobody else has done that in a top European league.

Other modern greats like Ancelotti and Mourinho deserve huge props for winning domestic / European trophies in multiple leagues but doing it in one league for so long is incredible. 2 European Cups is a modest haul but he reached 2 other finals and ended up losing to arguably the greatest club side ever.

Absolutely loathed him when we were relevant, but looking at his record now it just can’t be questioned. Him and Arsène seemingly became good pals after a time, and that softer side which you can see in interviews comes out. A pure winner - that mentality permeated every aspect of Manchester United while he was there.

6 Likes