Manchester United

Poch’s cycle had ended with Spurs and that’s after getting them to a CL final, Poch is a far, far superior coach and also can bring through and nurture young players whilst balancing a project.

Lets not forget Poch did all that on a shoe string budget under constraints, what’s OGS’s excuse?

3 Likes

Didn’t sign a player for 18 months and got them into the CL final.

2 Likes

Whether poch comes or not, United will do nothing with guys like Woodward in charge. So I am relaxed.

£130m spent on that defence by the way. They keep losing and those revenues will eventually dry up.

No club is invincible.

P38 W24 D12 L0

4 Likes

When somebody points out some special coaching abilities he has shown I’ll get on board. Has a very limited game plan and his in game ability too change things are negligible.
You can rightly point out getting too the CL final where they didn’t turn up by the way all you like. Lyon got close last season.
The same season he made the final the undercurrent was the team was fracturing all over the place.
He lost a dressing room with very little in the way of big star personality. He wont fit the profile as the solution at a club like United.

1 Like

So how did he get them playing so far above their level then?

Wouldn’t call his game plan limited either, he showed a balance and approach that had his team playing some very good football year on year.

The cycle had ended which is because he got so much out of them and without getting new blood in like most top clubs do, can’t blame him for that. How do you know he can’t manage big personalities? Not sure how you come to that conclusion at all.

You day the team was fracturing and in the same sentence how he got them to a CL final, how is that a negative?

Well imo he lost a small time squad in the dressing room. That’s a very unusual occurrence if a team believes in you.
He’s organised with structure. That’s David Moyes at Everton without a top class striker. Mirror image managers .Same arguments were given on Moyes Everton. Poch had a better side than he ever had.Top class striker takes you a long way.
Both managers fail when expectation comes knocking. Same will happen with Poch he hasn’t got the tactics in him.

Who says be lost the dressing room? The results soured yean after he’d worked them to the bone as managers in his vein do. He’s nothing like Moyes which is obvious.

He has plenty of tactics in him actually which was demonstrated with the football his team played, he took a Spurs that finished six to finishing consistently in the top four. Spurs being in a position to get a new stadium etc has a lot to do with Poch.

Doing all that on close to no budget as well.

Over at the Spurs forum they were often critical about his poor in game management and his inability to match adjustments made by other managers.

You always mention how their fans were critical of him or Eriksen, I want receipts bro lol.

He’d make for a very good manager for United, exactly what they need IMO

He could have been the perfect manager for us :pensive:

I posted them before bro it was quite an extensive list of criticisms against him. I’ll dig it up for you

In a very low key CL final the opportunity for Eriksen to shine was passed up by him. Nearly guy who people think was a Modric like player.

1 Like

Get this in your ears. Talking about their absolutely disastrous Sancho pursuit :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Don’t shaft us 2 wins @DavidHillier

2 Likes

I excluded the Liverpool wins for you

1 Like

Can’t wait. Need something to listen to during the weekly shopping.

Imagine the fume over at Redcafe…Also Wolves are fucked if that’s the case.

EDIT: This doesn’t seem likely upon thinking about it.

2 Likes

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
1 Like

They deleted it :arteta: who thought this was a good idea lol