Manchester United

Fabregas was massively held back with his teammates and yet was quality for us.
#TeamCesc

1 Like

One thing that I’ll say from all these arguments and they’re both great players but fairly different style players is, I wish Cesc was 4 years younger and burst onto the scene in 2001 as I think we’d have definitely won a CL then.

1 Like

We also went out to the likes of PSV in the CL with Fabregas in midfield…

I think our advances in the CL have more to do with Wenger “sussing” the competition. He needed time to do it, though.

They’re so different that I can see no point in trying so hard to compare them to work out who was better.

Personally, I’d honestly just put them on a level footing in terms of talent and leave it at that.

5 Likes

Yeah they’re totally different players. I preferred Vieira in the Arsenal team but comparing their stats and stuff serves no purpose.

3 Likes

Forget comparing, I’d like to have both of them in their prime in central midfield for us now :fire:

1 Like

Even better… Three in midfield. Gilberto as the third man, he’d be holding. Vieira pure b2b, Cesc the most advanced

4 Likes

Gilberto had nowhere near Fabregas’ numbers bro. Shit midfielder.

3 Likes

Would just like to point out Cesc grew up in a team of winners and exceptionally talented players, making him the player he became. He got to learn the game from playing alongside the one and only Vieira.

2 Likes

Tbf Vieira got the same. He and Henry have always talked about how Adams, Keown, Bergkamp etc all helped them become who they were, and told them what is expected of them at Arsenal.

2 Likes

Vieira also “played” at a legendary Milan side prior to signing for Arsenal so that must count for something in his development too.

1 Like

I don’t think Cesc was influenced by Vieira more than he was influenced by being part of the Le Masia golden generation

Imagine players coming in today. They get to be under the wing of Xhaka and Mustafi. We’re fucked for generations.

2 Likes

OLE’S AT THE WHEEL :rofl:

1 Like

United fans like him and it will be a popular move. Hopefully it turns out terribly.

They actually don’t :joy: they seem him as one of the key figure in their demise haha

1 Like

I don’t know a single United fan that wants to keep the guy personally. They only ever seem to like him when he’s dancing at the Emirates.

4 Likes

Ok then, Irish united fans that I know like him. :grin:

While Pogba is around you will get nothing from him. Image and antics a side you can use him to a certain level but that French fraud has to go.

1 Like

Manchester United want to sign Jan Oblak and sell David de Gea. (ESPN)

De Gea would be nuts not to wait it out and earn many many many more euros!