Manchester United

Why? Pogba never seemed a problem at Juventus…

I can’t see Juventus Pogba ever questioning tactics publicly in order to undermine the manager. I can easily see him doing so at United because he has more status and influence

You need to have your captain and most influential player towing the party line.

I’d think that if anybody is in the position to speak out I would think it’d be the captain. A manager can be wrong. Although you can have issues with the fact that he has done so publicly.

In normal circumstances I’d be against the captain publicising this kind of dispute but without reducing it to childishness Mourinho started it. Why shouldn’t the team and especially the captain fight back.

I am all about keeping your criticism for face to face internal discussion, not publicly.
So in this case, both are wrong.

This is the biggest problem in football at the moment, the players have far too much power, and act like feckin untouchable idiots most of the time…Stick him in the stiffs for a month, see how he likes that…

Thing is, Pogba is literally a £200m+ asset (transfer value, income he generates from marketability etc.). Managers these days are seen as temporary caretakers. I imagine the club view Pogba as a long term asset and Mourinho as expendable. He’ll be gone soon enough.

4 Likes

I agree with what you are saying, however, wouldn’t it make a nice change for Man Utd to come out and tell Pogba to keep quiet and do what he is told…they would go up in my estimation, massively…

When you say for man united to do it do you mean Woodward or Gill or even Fergie? Or that they’d release some unattributed statement?

I’m with Mourinho on this one tbh

1 Like

The club…show Pogba, and others, that our manager, Jose in this case, but applies to all clubs, is the boss, and what he says goes…

So an unattributed statement that hands Mourinho carte blanche to do whatever he wants? What could go wrong?

These things shouldn’t been playing out in the media but the “club” definitely need to stay out of it publically now that it is. Should be banging thier heads together behind closed doors maybe.

1 Like

I never said that at all…All I am trying to say is, players have far too much power these days, dickheads like Pogba come out and say this bollocks, and that bollocks, remember Yaya moaning about his birthday cake, ffs is he 10 years old,…I would love Utd, or any club for that matter to turn round and say, enough is enough, So and so is our manager, and if you don’t like what he is doing, you can play in the reserves for a week/month, whatever…but our manager picks the team, and we agree with that…If then the manager steps out of line, then the club deal with that as they will…

That’s pretty funny in fairness. :slight_smile:

If you think trying to instill some sort of discipline is funny, then…hey ho…

It’s a rather narrow interpretation of what discipline is.

You hate the power players have, fine, I get it. But it would be a ridiculous way for the club to try and instill that discipline (which should be the managers job anyway) by adding to the public noise on this. They need to kill it and quickly.

It’s the contradiction in the quoted text I was laughing at fwiw. :slight_smile:

haha manu so far drawing against Derby, imagine the uproar if they lose this.

Manu down to 10 men now too, hehe…i would love to see what happens if they manage to lose this.

I can’t imagine Mourinho will be sacked overnight. I can, however, see something happening by the next international break. Even if Manchester United can only muster a couple of draws in the next 2 league games, they’ll sack Mourinho on the Monday and bleed in (is that the right term?) the new manager in the 2 weeks ahead of the next league game

tbf no one really gives a fuck about the League Cup until the quarter finals

Just the embarassment of being outclassed by derby of all teams