Manchester City Vs Arsenal (PL)

Need Luca in to say it’s game over. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I was just gonna say we’ve played pretty well 10-45 then we give Sterling 20 yards space on the right

Poor positioning by our defenders on the goal tbh, but it did have to be perfect passing to get it in. It’s one of those goals u can’t really complain about. Should be 1 - 1 tho cuz the first goal is classic shitty Arsenal.

1 Like

We’ve been okay, after the first minute I thought we’d be down 3 or 4 at the half

2 Likes

with Liverpool, Chelsea and United games coming to mind. Which is at least good, we can play with the other big guys.

Angry they got another right before HT, 1-1 would’ve been alright.

1 Like

just imagine what we could achieve after getting rid of the dross and getting some semi competent players in

2 Likes

I’d almost rather Lichtsteiner get a red; it’d be an advantage for us not to have him on the pitch at this point.

2 Likes

So frustrating for us to concede just before the break. We were really getting into one and starting to cause City some problems. But unsurprisingly, the same old defensive lapses cost us dearly from the first minute, to the end.

Guendouzi has probably been our best player so far, he’s gaining in experience and confidence. Guess we just got to keep trying and get something, but fair to say if City score next, it’s game over.

@SRCJJ Talk about playing with fire :giroud:

3 Likes

Sequence of events:

1. Luca has a meltdown, says something stupid, gets banned
  2. People start making “funny” comments about Luca being allowed back into MDC
  3. Someone lets Luca back in after stupid jokes reach fever pitch
  4. Luca comes back into MDC
  5. Luca has a total meltdown, which the people pretending to stick up for him wanted all along
  6. Luca gets himself banned, and one step closer to the permanent ban that will end up coming his way if he’s allowed in MDC.

Let’s not eh?

3 Likes

Not sure we have the confidence to come back from this. Emery needs to put down the slide rule and realise the Prem is about determination and effort.

1 Like

The right side with Lich and Iwobi, is so poor, it’s unbelievable, both goals came from their wing.

2 Likes

I’m not too wild about thw left aide either, Nacho and Kolasinac meh.

2 Likes

But we knew that side was going to be a problem. Bellerin was such a big part of the offense, losing him was tough.

I’m still not sure that Emery helped himself starting Lichstiener instead of maybe an academy RB.

1 Like

I don’t mind our left, cause Kola is much better going forward. The right has been the major issue for obvious reasons.

1 Like

Deeply frustrsting to have equalised and got a foothold in the game only to concede relatively against the run of play right before half time.

3 Likes

Fair dos. :sweat_smile:

We need to hold a defencesive back line which moves together. What an embarrassment to think how good we were at defending

I think we’re doing alright considering they have ~£50m players on every single position and play at home and chase the league, we’re mostly keeping them from that final ball, we’re getting into positions on the counter and we’re entering that 2nd half where we’re 34-13 in the league (the commentator said pre game edit: and now again lol)

4 Likes

All things considered not a terrible half for us… reality is if it wasn’t for an unacceptable bone-headed Iwobi play, very well could have gone in 1-1… the second City goal was sublime - no defending that.

Given that we are out 3 starting defenders and doing respectably against just a dominant and creative side without injury issues, we can’t expect too much here.

Really like Guenduzzi play this game and last - growing on me massively. We can score but I reckon they will get another or 2 as well… see us losing 3-2 but honestly not a terrible performance.

Also, the criticism of us and wanking over City in the first 10 minutes was ridiculous… the game started just like the game would be expected to and if it wasn’t for stupid Iwobi, it would have been 0-0 and unremarkable… the formation thing is massively overplayed too… they are simply a better side and when you suicide like Iwobi did, they have pouncers like Aguero, who is still one of the very top strikers in the world.

1 Like

Ozil on the bench indeed. For Christ’s sake.