Manchester City

Be interesting to see how his fitness holds up think he’s had a stop start season if I remember right.

That’ll be the only thing that stops him being a resounding success he’s a mental giant with an incredible desire to succeed and the talent to match it

1 Like

They’ll need to ease him in to an extent, he doesn’t need to be putting up Harry Kane minutes

No need to run him into the ground especially considering he has been spending some time on the injury table here and there

Liverpool are finished now, surely.

Haaland will just let City continue what they are doing now.
Liverpool can remain in the fold

2 Likes

The main issue is… Guardiola wont look that much on the goals he scores, what’s vital for him is that he absolutely has to “click” with the team, keep the ball flowing etc.

Goals wont be a problem for him, he’ll get his numbers, absolutely zero doubt about that. But if doesn’t manage to blend into Pep’s style and answer to his special demands, he can score all the goals he wants but you know that alone wont keep Pep happy.

Will City sign another CF or perhaps another wide player after Haaland do we think? Where Jesus gives you a spread across the frontline, I think they lose some flexibility. It’s not to say Haaland can’t play those positions too but he looks about as much a center forward as you get.

So, another CF but different profile or a wide forward type of player.

Edit: just remembered, aren’t they signing/have signed that Argentinian chap?

Yeah they signed Julian Alvarez and loaned him back to whichever Argentine club they signed him from. River Plate I think

2 Likes

I’m very intrigued to see how it does for City

They paid a pittance, could be a huge hit for them

The only thing that’ll hold him back is durability, if he stays healthy he’ll probably net 25 league goals first season.

City pretty much complete their squad.

Need a left back

Haaland for €51m is a steal!

It’s like City are shopping in Paanland.

Is that how the cockneys say it?

You’re Alf Inge a laugh mate

1 Like

I think we all know that Haaland probably never goes there in the first place if not for a very kind release clause essentially guaranteeing he can move on pretty easily when the time comes.

Dortmund get a couple of years of goals out of him and make about 30m in profit on the sale while Haaland gets a nice stepping stone into the big time.

4 Likes

Almost exactly what I said a day or two ago. I don’t see how its somehow better of they had never signed him in the first place, not had something like 60 goals out of him in a couple seasons and then also not make a decent profit (though granted it seems that profit may be smaller than I thought it was going to be)

1 Like

That’s obvious, doesn’t stop it from being a shitty release clause when he’s worth at least three times that amount

1 Like

That shouldn’t be hard either when the market on strikers is this low.
Your really holding aces in this situation.

How do Dortmund hold the aces? If they don’t agree to the release clause Haaland and his representatives asked for he just wouldn’t have signed for Dortmund.

He held all the aces, and the striker market being so low is why he did hold the aces, and why someone like Dortmund would still sign him when they know his release clause should in reality be higher.

1 Like

I feel like it’s a good fiscal model to help a club survive and be in good shape financially, but it doesn’t seem to make them any more competitive.

In the end I guess I’d rather be uncompetitive and in the black than uncompetitive and in the red.

That said I don’t think it’s a model Arsenal should strive for