Manchester City

Aguero will leave the country he probably want to be closer to Argentina so he can see his son more.

Because we already have an ageing striker on massive wages. :sweat_smile:

Last couple of minutes from that City QPR game.

This is still epic to watch. What an ending. Such great composure by Aguero in a moment like that.

6 Likes

Onuoha pretty much hitting the nail on the head. It’s not really about superstition. Once you start being vocal about it you also start putting ideas to your rival’s head. Going out to ruin a great day for another team can be a huge motivation boost.

I feel like we’ve been on that side before. I credit both of our last FA Cup wins down to that.

And our last EL final is a good example of us not going in with that attitude and completely underestimating Chelsea.

Watched it on a tiny tv in my law school dorm. Jaw hit the floor. It’s so unusual to have the title come down to the last day, last kick of a match. The fact Joey Barton was on the losing side made it even better.

Has it crossed anybody’s mind that he did it on purpose? Isn’t he a City fan? Plus, he doesn’t mind getting dirty.

I would say Joey Barton visually gave up in that game once he knew QPR were safe. That’s certainly the perception I remember having at the time anyway

We nearly ended up signing him btw

Spitsthreetimestowardoffevil.gif

He actually got sent off on 55 minutes but ive read accounts of others having been told they were safe at 2 2 and not being engaged for the last couple of minutes.
The reaction of the QPR lads on the goal tell you that.

1 Like

:joy: I think I might be misremembering so

1 Like

You wanna see the reaction of the referee when we beat Liverpool in the Cup final in 71, mate :wink:

@Ashgooner1
@JohnnyH
@Kroenkeoutplease
@InvincibleDB10

May also remember it.

2 Likes

Yeah when he drops to his knees punching the air.

3 Likes

I think Mr Tinkler was your favourite ref that year, though.

3 Likes

All I can remember is Charlie George lying on his back in celebration…Good enough for me.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Does anyone think they will win all four trophies?
They’ve done the treble so if they did win the PL, CL, FA Cup and League Cup, in the same season, what else could Guardiola achieve and would he stay there?

I think they’ll probably miss out on 1 of the trophies, but if anyone is ever going to win all 4 it’ll be City this season.

2 Likes

Yeah, the league is obviously done and can’t see. Spurs upsetting them in the League Cup. It’s all about the two semi finals I think. Get through those and they’ll win the finals IMO.

1 Like

Manchester City winning the domestic treble twice in three seasons would be a laugh