Manchester City - Arsenal (Premier League)

What a shower of shit yesterday. The match couldn’t of started any better with Theo’s nice finish, and immediately after Arsenal got the warning with the Sterling free header. The end of that half and the entire 2nd half was as poor a performance as I’ve seen.

On City’s equalizer this wasn’t the classic 2v1, 4v2, 3v2 situation we’ve grown accustomed to seeing. This was Sane against THREE defenders! When Silva passed the ball Arsenal had 5 players behind the ball to mark Sane, Silva, and De Bruyne, and they still couldn’t defend!

The drop from last season to this season for Monreal has been shocking. Throw Gibbs in there and give him a run, I know he’s had his struggles as well, but Monreal is literally a shell of himself.

25% possession in that 2nd half and it felt lower than that. Arsenal couldn’t string together passes, and the 2-1 dagger was coming, Arsenal were playing with fire for way too long and it was bound to happen.

Experienced team they say, more togetherness, more cohesion, mentally tough. Wenger comes out to say they team not only dropped physically at 1-1 but mentally! Same mistakes and excuses year after year.

3 Likes

The League is gone its all about focusing on a top 4 finish now. Even If Chelsea only average 2 points per game from this point onwards they will end with 85 points, for us to get 85 points we need to achieve 51 points from our last 21 games which isn’t realistic.

Away from the irrelevant heart, money, bottle and passion clichés.

Adrian Clarke with another video breakdown of the many footballing failures committed by the Arsenal on Sunday night.

Possession, positioning and spatial awareness completely died second half.

Does it even need a breakdown lol? We were scared, spineless, emotionless and mundane. Just how I’d imagine Wenger is in the bedroom.

5 Likes

Eugh. That image has put me off my breakfast! :facepalm:

Tbh at this point I’d rather fuck Wenger than have him manage my football club.

11 Likes

You’re not the hero we deserve, but you are the hero we need right now. :heart:

Exactly. We tried to defend a 1-0 lead by being all over the place in the middle. Just fucking disgusting.

Easy now Kroenke.

[quote=“AbouCuellar, post:227, topic:1025, full:true”]
Tbh at this point I’d rather fuck Wenger than have him manage my football club.
[/quote]12 months ago, this sentence would’ve easily been the other way round :giroud:

4 Likes

More like 24, but yeah.

If you go as far as about 36 I might’ve been down for both. :wink:

4 Likes

It’s all well and good describing the performance that way but it doesn’t explain where the team were at fault in a tactical sense.

I ask this to you and those that liked your post (assuming they too think game analysis isn’t useful). When we’re talking about the team’s performance, what can be more useful than considering the footballing details? How is regurgitating the “no fight, no passion, no bottle” rhetoric more beneficial or informative than analysing the football?

Because stats are quantitative data and does not explain the qualitative side of things, which are the issue. The reasons why we cant fullfill our potential.

But were we at fault in a tactical sense though. We played exactly like we did the 5 times before they couldn’t beat us and we were up 1-0 at HT. Then we couldn’t string two simple passes together in midfield for half an hour, the guys up front in turn got no supply and that was that. It had nothing to do with tactics whatsoever, our players should know how to pass around a stoic Yaya Toure in their sleep.

Possession etc would’ve looked the same had we gone on to win it 1-0 if say the refs had been as attentive to the offsides as Wenger was (lol). The only tactical change City made in the 2nd was to switch Sane and Sterling and they got the goals but not because they did anything spectacular, there was nothing to adapt to tactically, we gifted them the goals from failing on an individual player level, mostly in midfield. Wigan would’ve eventually profited on that shower of shite lol City were shite, we were even worse. Imo that is.

I liked his post because the comment about how Wenger may perform in bed was pretty funny.

Lighten up a bit Hassan, you are a rather serious individual sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

You aren’t allowed to mix super serious football analyses and humour.

Shame on you for not knowing that.