Managers XI

Clough and Robson were both top players as well as elite managers

3 Likes

You could change it up to three centre backs. With how Ronald Koeman is performing this season with a top club itā€™s not fair to not include him imo.

3 Likes

Fergie was my original choice as striker but opted for Rinus just due to his monumental impact on football over the decades.

2 Likes

I can do that, then change the full backs to RM and LM.

WOW I just looked up Clough and he scored 251 goals in 274 games

5 Likes

Very few goalkeepers seem to go on to manage. Wonder why that is. :grin:

Changed it to 3-4-1-2

Yeah. Zenga was scraping the barrel give. His poor management career. Elite goalkeeper though haha

He had a great goal scoring record and it was only his injuries that stopped him getting more.

1 Like

There are quite a few tbh. The Belgians have Goethals and Preudā€™homme for example. They donā€™t reach the level others in this thread have.

Ironic that Hunt probably wouldnā€™t have been starting for England if Greaves and Clough were available

1 Like

Why Zagallo? His goal scoring record as a forward is poor and his Brazil '70 team is more a product of personnel quality than anything tactically impressive. They played with 4 forwards

Heā€™s a world cup winner as player and manager.

George Graham

Dino Zoff maybe. Done okay.

1 Like

Not really sure Koeman has the managerial track record for this side.

If weā€™re looking for more midfield players, Del Bosque was an important part of a very successful Real team in the 1970s and then won everything there is to win as a manager.

Right, Never felt so unqualified reading a thread.
I am out.

2 Likes

Yesteryear ones would be Busby, Shankly, Stein, Mercer, Clough, Revie (spits out)

1 Like

Well when itā€™s Gerd Muller keeping you out the national side think heā€™s a worthy mention.

3 Likes

What a player. Phenomenal goal scoring rate

1 Like