Man Utd - Arsenal (Premier League)

Going for a 1-2 Arsenal win…Laca and Kola with the goals

1 Like

A rare OT Arsenal win and an even rarer post from Shockwave :smiley: Welcome mate, great to see you posting.

3 Likes

Ha! Thanks Mysty…I think my last time posting semi-regularly was all the way back in 2009/10 ish…I’m hoping to join in on all the fun once again!

5 Likes

Emery even has Enrique Shockwave excited and posting again on OA, man is the real deal after all :joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

They’ll end up having a back 4 of Valencia, Bailly, Smalling & Darmain… nothing to see here.

3 Likes

I hope we crush them

3 Likes

It is against Man U, it is away, and it is Mourinho but most importantly it isn’t Wenger, so at least we will see a team put out that will take in to consideration the opposition and, if things aren’t going right, adjustments will be made.

I’m not saying we’ll win but the unpredictability of a new manager up against Mourinho makes it a lot more exciting.

6 Likes

Last time they had an injury crisis at Old Trafford they spanked us with the most overrated young English talent in the world (Rashford) scoring against us.

8 Likes

The very next game after our last minute winner against Leicester :upside_down_face:

Time to smash United at OT, the mess that club is in atm is hilarious

1 Like

If we do get the job done at OT tomorrow night it will finish United off this season for good, they will be 11 points behind 4th place and they won’t recover from that.

1 Like

Some United fan on redcafe posts his frustration at his squad:
----------------------------DDG--------------------------
Dalot---------Sniffer----------------Favorite-------Mkhi
—Mad doggie 1----Mad doggie 2----Mad doggie 3—
----------------------------virus-------------------------
-----------Interview guy-------Lazy Frenchman-------

:rofl:

Man, IF we win at Old Trafford tomorrow. I am going to eat popcorn and browse their forum all evening long :smile:

6 Likes

Fuck I hope we win. To me it doesn’t even matter who they have available, or not. They will always treat it as a cup final and we always struggle. So I’m not expecting much.

COYG! Surprise us. Keep the run going.

Will a draw be acceptable?

2 Likes

I would take a draw now from you mate. A draw at Old Trafford is a step in the right direction no matter how shite they are this season. As has been mentioned many times above they always seem to raise their game against us. I hope i’m wrong and we go into this game with the intensity we showed against Spurs but I highly doubt that. If we can get away with a point I will be very happy.

2 Likes

We ALWAYS shit the bed here, but that was under Arsene in the darker days.

I am confident Emery will have a plan for this game, i.e. another 3 at the back cameo.

Mourinho will set up his team to sit back and absorb pressure looking to spring Martial / Rashford (Lukaku can’t be sprung).

We just need to recover from Sunday, press hard out of possession and cut out mistakes at the back and it should be a tight game.

Would take a draw, a win would be outstanding.

3 Likes

Always worries me when we play Utd at their place. Even when they are shit we make them look like prime Barca. But the one positive is it’s under Emery not Wenger. If he has the players pumped up and ready to go then I think we should be able to win this one.

I wouldn’t play Ozil in this one even if he’s fit. I’d have Guendouzi in for Xhaka. I’d even have Ramsey over Miki. Start with Auba and Laca. Just go for it cause this Utd team is on the ropes. If we don’t make any mistakes at the back then we should be getting three points.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Jose goes all defensive in this one and sneaks a fluky goal to win or get a draw. But I’m going Arsenal for a 2-0 win.

When we play Mourinho we always fall in the same trap of having all the possession and let them defend and take advantage of on the counter. Curious to see if Emery is going to set us up differently.

I think a draw is the most likely anyway. It’s an away game and we spend a lot of energy last sunday.

I think that’s a much more accurate description than United raising their game. That was true under Fergie but not since. Am hoping Emery has the magic touch here again.

7 Likes

Aubameyang is going to run riot against that defensive backline. Apparently they are planning on playing Matic as a CB.

United is truly woeful at the moment. We are on a high. If we can’t put them to the sword this time around - I am afraid we never will again lol.

COYG!

3 Likes