Lucas Torreira

Yep, fuck him.

3 Likes

Meh if that’s his attitude let him rot in the reserves here.

3 Likes

I think it has more to do with Boca Juniors not being able to pay transfer fees in excess of 10 million. If they can pay that anyway. If not for a loan a move to Argentina is not possible.

He was player of the month for us a couple of times at the start, then Emery missuse him playing him as a more forward player and gets sidelined and sent on loan to a club and manager that wouldn’t use him as they are stacked and hate us for doing the release clause so late in the window.

In my opinion I don’t care if he fucks the club as much as he wants. Our club has 0 class anymore so shouldn’t receive any back.

He’s been crying just months after arriving at Arsenal.
Even when he was doing well, him and his agent were publicly talking about the Milan interest.

The guy is a good player imo but he is clearly a brat. He doesn’t deserve defending.

1 Like

Not really defending just putting in perspective as to why I don’t care what he does, we deserve it. All those players that took Pay cuts just for us to sack off loads of staff during an uncertain time but give Auba a fat contract. I’d rinse us as much as possible.

1 Like

I mean, if it’s a one year loan with his wages paid and a fee? It’s not awful. It’s not like people are lining up to sign him.

But at the end of a 1 year loan he’ll have 1 year left, refuse to sign a new deal and we’ll either sell for 10m or lose for nothing

3 Likes

A player like this we should be getting a solid 5-7mil loan payment but I can already picture the negotiations now, Boca will be to poor to pay his wages never mind a loan fee. Fuck it, I’d just keep him at the club incase God forbid Elneny gets injured.

4 Likes

We took a good defensive midfielder, decided that after a strong start we’d shoehorn him into a ridiculous attacking position on the pitch and then end up just tanking his value completely.

I can get his frustrations but he also needs to exercise a degree of professionalism.

3 Likes

Negotiations take three parties in this case. I’m loathe to back management over labor ever but if the sticking point could be resolved with Lucas forfeiting salary, you’d think he’d have to do it.

Otherwise, you’re right. He’s got to stay.

1 Like

The shoehorning into attacking midfield was bizzare but I really don’t think he’s that good anyway. He had a lot of subpar games in his favourite position too.

4 Likes

Started really strong though. It would have been nice to see him play more with Ramsey or play with Partey at all. Although if we’re going with my theory that Partey needs two 8s in front of him to be his best, there’s no place for Lucas. The team just evolved away from him which is what happens when you have no coherent recruitment strategy.

1 Like

I think there’s a big enough role in the squad for Torreira to be the Partey backup (plus the ocassionally game together), given Partey’s fitness issues and the number of games we have.

Problem is psychologically he’s already left Arsenal now

2 Likes
2 Likes

At least they’ve woken up to the idea that Boca can’t afford him or his wages and are accepting he’ll goto a European Latin league. Hopefully we can get 15-20m for him and never need to hear about him again.

9 Likes

La Liga champion. 3 starts and 500 minutes for the season

3 Likes

Price of the brick going up.

3 Likes

Better call Saul and tell him to come with you.
He can stay and you can fuck off afterwards. Thanks.

That was a quick change of heart

2 Likes