Lucas Torreira

I think Torreira is probably a little too limited for our current set up. I think his main use for us would be cleaning up for/after Ozil, but he is not a factor anymore.

I think the fact that Fiorentina and Torino are the front runners for his signature speaks volumes. I like Lucas but I feel if you are going to be 5’5 you need to be exceptional to play for a top team.

3 Likes

Don’t be height-ist. Little people can have talent too!

1 Like

I’m a short arse so I can be

1 Like
3 Likes

Florence > Turin

Real battle of the shit offers going on here.

4 Likes

His former coach is at Torino now so it’d be interesting to see if that’s where he wants to go.

Might blow some minds here but 24 is actually the same number as 8 + 16.

At least offer 24.5 you mugs.

6 Likes

Upfront for dat ass tho

2 Likes

We need 45m straight cash to activate Partey Buy out Clause so getting all 24m upfront will be a big boost rather then installments as florientina proposed. Aour deal can be done in instalments so don’t need as big cash outlay at the start you would have thought

3 Likes

I’m very doubtful that they’re going to pay 24m not in some form of installments.

Two offers have been widely reported…€24m upfront from Torino or €8m loan with €16m obligation to buy from Fiorentina. Upfront offer from Torino is obviously the better of the two, but clear we will be selling him this summer. Hopefully, the competition pushes the price up.

1 Like

Yes I can read both those things, but because a guy decided he wanted to put the words “up front” after a number doesn’t mean that it’s not in installments. It may just mean it’s not a loan first. And this looks like a second hand translation of a Spanish tweet.

I don’t think Torino are the outlier Italian club that has lots of cash sitting there ready to spend on one defensive midfielder.

2 Likes

Upfront on the books doesn’t necessarily mean they are gonna wire us 24m instantly. It can still be in installments but on the books it’s already there. I’m no financial expert but I’m pretty sure that’s kind of how it works.

2 Likes

The positive thing is that two clubs are supposed to be interested…that hopefully means we get the best deal possible for the player. Upfront / Installments / Loan with option to buy - regardless of the deal we can reinvest and if we know we have guaranteed income, we can forward fund a deal for Partey.

Yea you’d put whatever you get in during the actual accounting period in the monies received and the remainder in the outstanding assets. It’s essentially the same deal for the accounts whatever way you cut it.

1 Like

I just hate the Firointina deal, I can seem him playing a blinder on his loan year and everyone talking about how we’ve let a really top player go for peanuts.

Loan with obligation to buy also seems completely redundant, surely you’re just masking the fact that your first installment is a pittance.

I imagine we’ll just accept both though and let the player decide as neither deal will make or break what we can and can’t do before Oct deadline.

1 Like

I think that’s true but in this case the intention is just selling him for the £24m now and getting that on the books. Kind of desperate cash grab.

We are desperate…most clubs (apart from a few) are…we have to sell to raise money to buy.