Lucas Torreira

Emery is obviously okay with what he’s seeing from Xhaka as a ‘quarterback’, although given he can’t tackle, it still seems a gamble that’s not looking like paying off in the long run

Genuinely believe he prefers letting Xhaka as a DM due to his lack of mobility(that he doesn’t have). Guen and Torreira are better carriers of the ball which makes them better candidates for B2B midfielders.
Personally, I would like to see a midfield trio of single pivot Torreira, with Rambo and Guendouzi ahead of him.

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that once this guy drops form we become shit. It’s been the case the past years honestly.
Arteta was on a roll as a DM(/double pivot with Rambo) but as soon as he started getting older and got injured more often we started crumbling. Arsenal were desperate for a DM, Coquelin gets recalled and forms an unreal pivot with Cazorla, then he drops form and we become shit again. Now after the lack of a solid DM(regista tbf) for years, Torreira comes in like a storm and patches up our issues again. Since his dip in December though we once again drop form.

Hoping it’s more of Emery not getting the best out of him rather than he peaked. Probably still not comfortable with the language and obviously didn’t have a full pre-season with us.

1 Like

I like the guy but he has been pretty average the last 2 months since the NLD win.

1 Like

FTOFY

He done his job today against City

1 Like

Very impressed with the midfield duo of Torreira-Guendouzi. Been a long time since I’ve seen us pull of such performance with a pure 4-4-2.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtvuWccHdCQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1snt87wf8e4f6

:arteta:

4 Likes

:heart:

LT: “Steve, look, hahaha”

SB: “Heh, keep walking you little cunt”

6 Likes

Can the club appeal this guy’s red card or is it hopeless ?

2 Likes

Hopeless. I think it’s a red card anyway.

3 match ban, yuck.

How about Kane??

It’s one of those where personally I wouldn’t have given a red card and i’ve seen a lot of people agree with me, but it’s not clearly not a red card so the ban will stand.

2 Likes

Fixtures Lucas Torreira will miss through suspension:

Manchester United H
Newcastle H
Everton A

1 Like

If the do consider rewiewing the tape, it was a movement to clear the ball, not trying to stud up and tackle. No intention to tackle or injure people.

He was absolutely immense in the second half also, such a shame.

1 Like

That was a very very harsh red card, especially with everything else they allowed in the game.

No consistency. Football is a contact sport man, ffs

2 Likes

This is so frustrating. Especially after the ref gave Rose a yellow for what is arguably the same type of tackle (i.e.: studs up).

2 Likes

Two different scenarios…
Can’t cay you are stud up when trying to clear the ball by sweeping it away and then some dumb fuck ran into it

1 Like