Lucas Perez (Transfer complete)

Pretty nice of his mum to give us a write up on him, since I assume she’s the only person to have followed his career.

6 Likes

This signals the end of our striker search for at least another season.

If Wenger signs a contract extension, this signals the end of our striker search until [insert year that Wenger’s contract ends].

Got to hope Perez doesn’t need too long to hit the ground running and, at the very least, is competent enough to provide competition to Giroud. We’ll see but we should give the guy a chance at least. It’s not his fault that he is, by default, our hope and savior.

Seems like we’re praying for a Michu here. Yikes.

1 Like

Thats a great read. Looking forward to him play for us! :laughing:

Vardy-esque signing, whether he play as a striker or on the right he’s probably a better fit that what we currently have.

The spanish Vardy.

Just been on SSN. Matched his release clause.

Please score goals mate

– Arsenal fans

Just seen this on SSN. Took a photo to post it on here.

Got better stats than Giroud in a better league for a worser team

1 Like

If they wanted fo make a signing like this it really should have been done earlier in the window when it was clear Vardy wasn’t interested. But I suppose at this juncture Arsene played poker, lost and we’re left buying a stopgap winger in the hopes he becomes Ian Wright not the next Gervinho.

I guess the most we can hope for is that he keeps Theo off the pitch at RW and means Alexis moves back to the left. I’m prepared to watch a lot of Giroud at CF.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

He’s better than all our strikers so I welcome him here

Please bench Giroud, please bench Giroud.

2 Likes

Time to shut this and make a player thread in the players @Bl1nk!

You know I can’t mate. I’m being monitored :sweat:

2 Likes

No its fucking not.

1 Like

Xhaka, Holding, Perez and Mustafi is a good window, lack of outgoings a disappointment but we’ve at least tried to address the bulk of our playing personnel problems.

2 Likes

Who rattled your cage Sham? :confused: If Ornstein has said it. Its basically done

Yep - it is solid window but disappointing we didn’t get rid of a couple and get at least one true WC attacker. I am not yet sold on Xhaka either, but looking forward to seeing how he does.

[quote=“Bl1nk, post:176, topic:570”]
You know I can’t mate. I’m being monitored :sweat:
[/quote]Quite right too, Jamie Vardy :wenger:

1 Like