Lucas Perez (Transfer complete)

I don’t think he will be a bad signing at all.

From nothing apart from gut feeling based on Wenger’s choices tbh, I think what we have here will be the striker version of Mohammed Elnenny.

Whether you like that or not.

Or Wenger wanted a striker in the style of Jamie Vardy after trying to unsuccessfully to get the actual Jamie Vardy.

Could be decent, defo better than no-one!

Well at least he’s fast, fed up watching Giroud running with lead boots.

Depor have basically confirmed it.

A summary from an AFC/Depor fan. Makes good reading!

https://moarfootball.com/2016/08/25/a-deportivo-la-coruna-fan-on-lucas-perez/

Nice, hopefully this one will be completed before the weekend.

I can’t really remember watching this guy play much. I remember him against Barça last season and watched the odd Deportivo game. He’s not a high profile signing, and maybe he won’t even be a good one, but I’m excited to see what he brings to us.

Just exciting having someone else up front for us tbh

2 Likes

Barca fan

:joy::joy:

https://twitter.com/MoarFootball/status/768889785528090624

You’ll have the clock the link for the video but it demonstrates Perez’s nature quite well

1 Like

How about the price tag may not be a reflection of what the lad can offer to the side ? Give the boy a chance is all I’m saying mate, might be pleasantly surprised !

Love that video I_W. hopefully his managerial passion will rub off on Wenger. if it does it would have been worth it just for that.

#PEREZ TO HAVE MEDICAL

Sky sources: Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Deportivo striker Lucas Perez.

Arsenal have met Perez’s release clause of £17.1m.

English clubs really should shop more in Spain.

Release clauses all over the place make things so much simpler, there’s bound to be several nuggets with value for money clauses.

5 Likes

None of them are PL proven though, which makes buying them a huge gamble that can’t possibly go right.

4 Likes

I think in terms of incoming deals, in reality it can be considered no better than a decent window, given the situation we found ourselves in by the end of last season. This team is in need of premium quality while preserving what is good about this team already. It was in need of this before the start of this Premier League season to avoid being left behind three games into the season. We have invested in the spine of the team, but the bargain up top (if he even gets played up top) is an outright gamble in which there is very little scope to be optimistic about considered the level of talent we need in this key position.

On paper Xhaka and Mustafi are ace signings. Can’t ask for much better in those positions. If they don’t amount to much, it’s not down to a lack of investment. Holding thankfully has not been viewed as an immediate solution and looks a good prospect. Perez is an interesting gamble, but also a massive one. Certainly cannot be considered satisfactory given our funds and the safer options out there. What his role will be is yet to be determined (assuming the move goes through). Don’t think it’s exactly in sticking your neck out territory to say that Asano will amount to nothing more than being a pointless capture he will be another in a long line of utterly irrelevant lads to wear the shirt.

We have left the right wing with one less body when in actuality we need a top energetic and skillful player for the role. Wilshere is never available and Ramsey is not a long term solution there.

Overall we needed a big shake up and it just has not been enough to compete with the monsters we’re up against.

1 Like

“The spanish Vardy”? :giroud:

New striker, thanks Allah.

4 Likes

Hope he can give Giroud a challenge and compatible to Ozil/Sanchez/Santi

1 Like

Makes Wenger look like a fool again with his " top quality " bollocks but lets just hope he works out for us… standard Arsenal cheap squad option that could help us secure top 4.

2 Likes