Liverpool Vs Arsenal (PL)

I clearly said that Emery has made mistakes and I never said he deserved credit for everything. Don’t respond with something I didn’t actually say lmao

You have Bayern Munich fans as mates? haha

1 Like

Well only 1 haha.

Ladies and gents
Let’s not get carried away here ,
The score flattered Liverpool. Our defence is shocking and there is no leaders in that defence. 2 penalties to Liverpool isn’t uncommon at Anfield . They’ve been lucky since Adam was a boy .
Yes it’s still 5 goals conceded but Emery has 10 years of rotten stagnation to reverse .
Let’s all take a step back and regroup for Fulham .

2 Likes

What game were you watching?!

1 Like

I reckon I’ve got more Liverpool mates than other club, seeing them dominate like this is rather difficult.

BTW who noticed the Allison ball that started to the build up for the penalty Sokratis gave away on Salah ? :fire:

1 Like

She is kinda hot

1 Like

Well that first goal of theirs gave me more aids than a 1 week fuckspree in Bangkok. That goal pretty much killed our entire foundation sadly. Cant wait for next season.

3 Likes

Watching Lichtsteiner boot it against Mustafi from a couple of yards away only for it to land perfectly in Firmino’s path as he strides between the two of them.

Forget you support Arsenal for a minute and appreciate the sheer comedy served up by these clowns week in week out

13 Likes

I mean wtf is this.

MFs parting like the Red Sea

https://twitter.com/MidKnightGaz/status/1079071918328811520

:arteta:

1 Like

Firmino zigzagging like prime maradonna there

Our defenders are a joke

Sorry tequila shots I’m pissed

2 Likes

A gif of that comedy masterclass just needs the benny hill music over it :joy::joy::joy:

Back from the game.

Genuinely growing a bit of a hatred for Liverpool now. Diving Salah. Refs seem to want to side with them, too. A love-in from the media. We were masters of our own downfall today but the sycophantic bullshit for all things Liverpool makes me sick.

Please, Manchester City, for the sake of football, win the thing

7 Likes

So in our last 6 visits to Anfield we’ve been belted 4 times and the 2 we got a draw from we couldn’t even be happy due to last minute equalisers from Skrtel and Joe Fucking Allen.

Of all the things we can laugh at them at, which is at nearly everything they did, this is the one incident I feel sympathetic on.

But I’m pretty smashed right now so I’m gonna do it anyway.

They’ve never been any different.
Horrible club .

1 Like

Watched this on a flight earlier. Had no idea they could even show live sport so was totally chuffed and definitely never thought I’d be celebrating an Arsenal goal up in the clouds.

As usual that never lasts longer than five minutes with Arsenal but I did feel we had opportunities to make a genuine game of this if we had any competency on a defensive level. We’re just so hopeless at defending.

Watching Arsenal gets unbelievably embarrassing and I feel Emery has to take huge blame here for the manner of goals we’re conceding.

My one major hope with Emery was having Arsenal better organised positionally and in our defensive mentality. That simply hasn’t happened and you can’t only solve that with personnel or line ups. We’ll see where we are in a year or two years time but it’s not looking good.

Continually producing performances like this away from home season after season is abysmal from the club and this season’s period of fun and change has well and truly left the building now.

1 Like

Sister congratulated me on a huge and exciting win with a great scoreline.

I thought she was being sarcastic. Turns out she thought the team in red were Arsenal.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

8 Likes

Sigh… now the dust has settled…

1. Lichsteiner. I want to start by admitting I got it wrong when I shouldn’t have. I follow Serie A as much as anyone on these boards and I was privy to the decline of Lichsteiner and the fact Juventus had been actively trying to replace him for a few seasons before they eventually shifted him. On the surface it looked like a no brainer to me – an experienced right back to come in and play maybe 10 or so games a season covering our first choice. He’s obviously suffered because Emery persists with a high line, has played him at CB at times and so I feel it’s not fair to shift all the blame on him. But at the same time, his positioning at RB has been appalling for a guy of his experience and coming from a league famed for its defensive nous.
  2. Emery. Never going to rush judgment as I feel he’s been dealt a hard hand inheriting a poor and disjointed squad and also not being helped by the litany of poor summer transfer dealings. But the manager has to be prepared to shoulder some of the blame too. Defensively we have not been good enough and I’d argue this is as bad as I have ever seen us defensively in my lifetime. Players like Kolasinac, Mustafi, Lichsteiner, Koscielny and our stoppers Leno and Cech are simply not good enough. I’ll give Sokratis the benefit of the doubt despite his horror showing and I think Bellerin is the ideal full back for an Emery system. But we have been poor and that’s not all down to personnel. It’s also down to the manager and the high line and lack of defensive organisation is concerning.
  3. 4-4-2. Looked to me yesterday like we held a 4-4-2 shape for a lot of the game and I was actually a fan of the idea. Up until we conceded the first goal I actually felt like we had a chance to come away with something. The system looked correct and despite the harrowing result – I think Emery got the system right yesterday. I don’t think you can legislate for the errors. Liverpool did not score a single goal that could not have been avoided yesterday. Two really poor penalties to give away, comical defending for Firmino’s first and second and to be honest with you just poor positioning and movement for Mane’s goal. And it’s something I felt happened with Wenger too – sometimes he got the system right and it was just disastrous defending that cost us. Something has to change and fast.
  4. Midfield. As much as we piss and moan about how bad we are defensively can we just take some time to acknowledge how bad we are in midfield too? Torreira has been an excellent addition but the unbeaten run really papered over how bad Xhaka can be at times. His forward passing, whilst a welcome addition to the team, is just not that special. And I don’t want to keep kidding myself that he might eventually be the top level midfielder we all hoped when we spent big (at the time) money on him. Guendouzi shouldn’t be playing so frequently and Elneny is a non-entity.
  5. Wide men. I don’t think Iwobi had a bad game yesterday and he actually showed a willingness to want to beat his man. If we had a good quality wide man with the same willingness we’d be a much more dangerous team. I mean let’s be honest, playing with AMN and Iwobi away at Anfield says a lot about the state of our squad. And let’s not act like Ozil and Mkhitaryan would have made a tremendous difference anyway. One has a poor away record in big games and the other barely shows up. Plus they’re both far more effective playing through the centre too.
13 Likes