Liverpool Vs Arsenal (PL)

Going to say 3-1 Liverpool as I don’t think we will be able to cope with the high tempo press under the lights at a Jacked up Anfield.

2 Likes

And still ended in a crap draw :wenger:

1 Like

We’ve had 2 weeks off to prepare for this - though by the looks of social media, our players have been swanning off all over the place! Ox has been partying, Bellerin went home to Barcelona :neutral_face:

I’ve gone for a draw but Liverpool’s defence is so shaky, whoever plays them will always have a chance. We’ll see how Leicester beat them tonight and copy their gameplan :grin:

There’s absolutely no chance we win this fixture. Completely expect a negative result which inevitably leads to the media rhetoric that this year is the year we finally drop out of the top 4. Following this fixture I anticipate a good run of results that culminates in the top 4 finish.

5 Likes

dont liek the negativity on here today about this game

we have no idea what Liverpool turn up

we can beat them no doubts more then likely will be a draw but they are not up too much at the back

i am going 2-1 to us :slight_smile:

I don’t rate Liverpool’s defence at all but I don’t rate Man City’s defence either, I’m expecting it to be s similar game to the one at the Etihad were we got battered in midfield.

1 Like

We should be very fresh. It would a total nonsense to see a jaded team.

Mustafi and Gabriel at CB dosent exactly fill me with hope… Id rather Mustafi and Holding. Fuck, id rather Mustafi and Ronny Corbett than have Gabriel anywhere near this game.

3 Likes

This game all depends on what Arsenal turn up

Liverpools pressing game concerns me as well. Do we still have the players that if put under pressure can pass it quickly and get ourselves out of trouble? I’m not sure we do and thats going to cause us trouble imo

Best we can hope for i think is a draw, but i think we will lose

3 Likes

Koscielny should be back for Liverpool. I think he’s back in training. Bloody hope so anyway, don’t want another Liverpool goal fest!

1 Like

Is Da Boss back? We desperately need him in this game.

Whatever happens on Saturday, there’s been some utterly brilliant games at Anfield over the years. From the last minute title winning decider, to Pires curler. Even that time where Baptista had his best game with us and bagged a hat trick in the League Cup :arteta:

Though this is still a real favourite of mine: “He’s done it! FOUR!”

Typical Arsenal, score four in one game and still didn’t win the game :gunnersaurus:

4 Likes

Henderson injured.

Our frail defence vs their all out attack… can see 2 or 3 nil by half time.

Newcastle-Arsenal :wink:

Not feeling good about this one at all.

4-2 I reckon. Mane getting the first within 15 minutes, 2-1 to them at half time (Alexis scores ours), them to get a third by the 55th, then maybe a fourth within another 15 minutes (probably some shitcunt like Origi) then Giroud to get us our second post 85 minutes.

7 Likes

Worst… game… ever…

That sounds like a depressingly accurate forecast

I still smile when that fourth goal goes in lol. If the game finished there, that would have been one of our finest domestic away days ever.

My first trip to Anfield and one of the most eventful I ever had . It was my birthday and I lived in Chatham Kent ,Went up there on my own via victoria and euston in my brand new sheepskin coat (HUGE MISTAKE) Loads of Arsenal up there and we knocked Liverpool off the top that day.Afterwards we got chased from Anfield road to Lime street and I got attacked for my coat numerous times . After dodging scousers left right and centre i jumped on the train and locked myself in the toilet emerging only at rugby on the way back . Next day my dad saw the program and was shocked that his little boy had gone so far on his own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57XFPbrXKa0

Some great players there ,Wilson ,Radford ,Kennedy,Armstrong ,George but the man who kept us in division one from 74-76 was Alan Ball a huge player for us in dark times !

7 Likes