Liverpool v Arsenal (PL)

9 Likes

Conceded 28 goals in our last 8 league games at Anfield dating back to 13/14 season.

Fingers crossed this one at the very least isn’t a whitewash.

Liverpool have a habit of bouncing back in style against us.

We’ve made strides under Arteta the last few weeks but we are going to get whipped here.

If we lose by a single goal, I’ll call that a success.

This is the biggest test of whether we’ve turned a corner or not. And I just can’t see us getting any points here. Would love to start believing like Neo at the end of the first Matrix, but I need more just yet.

3 Likes

I just really want to see us compete with them to impose our will on the game, rather than dropping deep for 90 minutes and allowing them to dictate play completely. We’re just as athletic as them now, and we have the players with the technical security to keep the ball and play our game. At some point we need to flip the switch where we go into these matches against the likes of Liverpool, City, and Chelsea and really compete with them in a modern footballing style where we play aggressively, take some risks, and trust our athletes to play in space against their athletes. This is really the first match against a truly top side where we’ve had that opportunity with this new group of players (the guys we played against City and Chelsea were completely unsuited for this). I want to see us punch them in the nose. I’d love to get a result but how we play is more important to me as an indicator of our progress.

2 Likes

I’d still see that as a failure, given how much we’ve spent and how much we should have learnt from previous failures.

A defeat at Liverpool could be the longest stretch of continuous league defeats we’ve had at Anfield in our modern history.

5 Likes

Our record against City in the league is probably still more concerning, desperately need to avoid defeat New Year’s Day.

1 Like

They both are.

If we consider ourselves a big club, these records should be burned to the ground.

7 Likes

@BizzySignal

@SJain is overtaking you as my favourite post-liker :wink:

2 Likes

If West Spam are getting results against Liverpool then we should be too. 3-1 to the Arsenal.

@DavidHillier :grin::laughing: what can I say man, haven’t really been that active recently. Need a day to go over a few threads before my place at Cristo and Signal comes under threat :joy:

5 Likes

I wanna give that post 2 likes for each of those wonderful paragraphs

Up the Gunners!

1 Like

@Bl1nk

9 Likes

2 Likes

Ffs I didn’t realise this was a thing till this meme :sweat_smile::sob:

1 Like

This time next week we’ll be sitting pretty above Liverpool in the table :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’ve got a choice @Phoebica

Either get tickets to the game or there’s a 30 min additional footage directors cut of Rocky 4 out at the local cinema next Saturday.

What would you do @Sol @MO_OA49

2 Likes

Rocky 4 :rofl::facepunch:t5::heart:

2 Likes

I’ve not seen any of the Rocky films

They’re really good. They’re about this bloke who comes back from the Vietnam War and he finds it hard to acclimate back to civilian life.

In the first one, he takes on the local police. It’s a masterpiece and the end, in particular, is moving.

2 Likes

Then he ends up in goal for Arsenal having played for the allies in the second world war.

5 Likes