Liverpool

Yes but you’re assuming that’s because of VVD. Maybe they were in the process of becoming been better organised anyway.

Yeah well you can say it’s a coincidence but I think that’s reaching somewhat, considering it coincided with the exact time he joined.

Am i the only one not buying all this Liverpool hype? We are in septemper and apparently Liverpool are already crowned prem and CHL champions. Jeeeeez

2 Likes

They are quality but I still have them 2nd with 85-89 points.

VVD is arguably the best CB in the league right now.

His impact on Liverpool is clear as day and he’s a key reason as to why Gomez is developing as well he is, he’s evidently top class no doubt about it.

3 Likes

It’s the strongest start to a season they have had in the last 57 years. I mean that is almost as far back in time as the last time Spurs won the title. It’s normal there’d be hype. Except it’s not really hype since it was predictable they would be strong this year as the path of their development has been a steep, positive curve for some time.

2 Likes

Xhaka and Mustafi weren’t cheap options, those were significant fees at the time, that’s part of the problem.

True. However, Liverpool have been a lot, lot closer to winning the league under Benitez, Houllier and even Rodgers. That’s the irony here. The hype is almost stupid.

They only made 4th last season mathematically on the last day. If Arsenal had that sort of collapse (from title contenders to finishing 4th) we’d have been laughed out of the building

Liverpool were never considered title contenders last year or the year before it. So far they haven’t collapsed from anywhere, they have only been building up.

2 Likes

I highly doubt that their minor league slump towards the end of the season happens if they weren’t going so deep in the CL. That’s speculation though, granted.

I don’t think we’d be considered laughing stocks in the same situation if we’d been so impressive in getting to the CL Final.

2 Likes

Threw his bottle in disgust when Liverpool scored, presumably because he was substituted.

Then bawling his eyes out after final whistle…

Very very fucking odd…

they barely scraped 4th last season. Got well beaten in the CHL Final and havent looked convincing in the prem bar their 4-0 mauling of West Ham. while nobody knows what the future holds, hyping them up THIS much is bound to collapse at some stage. And I will get my popcorn ready when it happens.

Seriously?

seriously what?

They didn’t barely scrape 4th, they were in the top 4 since round 17 onwards and didn’t once get out of it. And they were never title contenders either before or during the season since they were 20 points off first spot at Christmas. It’s not like they barely sneaked into 4th thanks to a food poisoning. They were in control the whole time and never lost it.

6 Likes

Rodgers team was never good enough to win the league and was carried by Suarez goals alone. Their defence was terrible an the problem was never address until klopp arrived.

Klopp also has the best record against the top 6 if he can start taking points off the mid table teams then they will win the league or run it close

Lol they completely outplayed a fellow top 4 side away from home on Saturday, you don’t call that convincing ? :joy:

outplayed? 2-1 and Spuds not getting a clear pen at the end to make it 2-2. Outplayed my ass.

Liverpool should have been 4-1 up at that point, they controlled the match for long periods and created nearly all the good chances…

They’ve been quite good against palace and spurs.

They should have beat spurs 5-0

2 Likes