Liverpool

Scouse BASTARDS

2 big points dropped in Yorkshire last night after all.

Let the games begin!

Donā€™t buy them, buy us.
Weā€™re in London, weā€™ve got nicer fans and we wonā€™t nick your hubcaps.

3 Likes

Henderson emitting major Arteta vibes. Donā€™t be surprised to see him in a coaching role in the near future. If you look around the league you can see the so called ā€œbig sixā€ are promoting these types of groveling company men to manager positions. Just look at Ole, Czech, the new kid at spuds and our very own mis-manager.

Owners want more control so they promote these spineless types that only talk a good game.

3 Likes

Solksjaer and Ryan Mason were appointed as interim-managers that happens all the time. United were opportunistic in giving him the job on a definitive basis after he won a string of games. Itā€™s not the same as us appointing Arteta.

1 Like

You have to ask yourself, why would a trophyless team like Spurs sack Mourinho a week before a cup final, on the eve of this Super League news no less? And replace him with Ryan Mason who has zero experience in first team coaching? Itā€™s madness. Even Chelseaā€™s Lampard experiment was ridiculous.

I think itā€™s clear given the pattern of managerial appointments by these big clubs that business not football is the priority and managers like Pep, Klopp, etc are a hinderance to that.

ScrubTeta is the prototypical new age manager.

2 Likes

They have done exactly what we done in sacking a manager then giving it to a former player already on the staff payroll in Mason on a caretaker basis like we done with Freddie

I think this was personal from Levy. Wanted to leave Jose trophyless and not give him the satisfaction.
Imagine how smug Jose would have been if he won Spurs a cup for the first time in over a decade then got sacked.

Not to get in the weeds too much but Freddie wasnā€™t appointed a week before a cup final like Mason. Also, that Freddie appointment after 20 odd years of a giant like Wenger made absolutely no footballing sense. I think Kroenke was hoping heā€™d get lucky and Freddie would turn into prime Pep.

My point is in the wider context of where the business of football is headed you see allot of similarities in the profile of managersā€”less experienced former players, no major brand or resume alla Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Ancelloti etc.

But before those appointments United snd Spurs hired the 2nd most decorated active manager and it amounted to nothing. Guardiola signed an extenstion this past november, Klopp is in his 6th year with Liverpool, Tuchel is an experienced coached.

Btw. We hired Emery before Arteta, expercience and a winner, failed miserably. Solksjaer is an experienced coached himself. He has been coaching Molde since 2011.

The fact that they donā€™t prioritise football is bullocks. Lampard was fired after not even five months in this season.

Thatā€™s cutting your nose off to spite your face and Mourinho can still gloat if they lose. Madness.

The truth is Jose cares more about the League Cup than Levy. For Jose itā€™s another trophy and he can claim heā€™s won a trophy at every club.
For Levy itā€™s nothing. The prize money is the same as one weeks wage for Harry Kane, and it doesnā€™t get you into Europe.

Their fans are begging for some silverware. I think Levy is just inviting more pressure on himself really.

Mourinho won a Europa with United and got spurs to a cup final. Ole managing Molde is still below the manager profile of a club the size of United. Chelsea do the manager marry go round but even an appointment like Lampard was out of the norm for them. Mind you Iā€™m only talking about the last 3-4 years.

Liverpool and Man City seem to be the only two not taking chances on company men.

I think part of it is the recent success of Guardiola and Zidane. In the past many great managers were recent former players. George Graham for us, Daglish for Liverpool, Cruyff at Barcelona

I think Ole is doing a very good job at United. Lampard didnā€™t do a bad job at Chelsea in my mind despite Tuchell looking better. Arteta is the worst performing of the lot

1 Like

Club before country @Bl1nk :smirk:

1 Like

A shame, but expected.

Will be 31 for the World Cup in 2022. Hopefully heā€™ll be fit then. Such a shame a player of his quality is likely to play only one major tournament for his nation

1 Like

He is a cunt. De Vrij deserves a starting spot based on his season anyway.

It doesnā€™t really matter whose available and who isnā€™t if Frank De Boer is our coach tho.

Considering his injuries, it is expected.