Liverpool

One of my favorite shows. The supercut of Peter Capaldi is glorious.

That’s like the only game that’s gone against them this season.

Like @Kroenkeoutplease says, Liverpool do tend to get the lion’s share of decisions go their way.

:joy:

Hate Liverpool, but I’m with @Aussiegooner here. Liverpool have had some bad calls go against them this season. They’ve had the odd one for them too (Werner’s “offside” goal for example). But I read recently they’re the team worst affected by VAR, they’d be higher up the table without it – which I know doesn’t necessarily mean they have been hard done by as some of the decisions are right calls. But look at the incidents in isolation, and many were controversial at best.

The Everton game obviously stands out. But the Brighton game wasn’t much better – Salah’s goal ruled out for offside, even though no angle shows him offside; and a last minute controversial Brighton penalty to make it 1-1.

Then Sheffield United (I think) won a penalty for a foul outside the box.

In the 1-0 defeat to Southampton there were a few calls that went against them too – Walcott should have seen red I believe.

Even in that 7-2 defeat to Aston Villa, Salah had a stonewall penalty rejected early doors (probably a stretch to say it could have changed the game, but you never know).

Obviously their inability to finish their dinner lately has a lot to do with their current position. But they haven’t had much luck on their side for a change.

3 Likes

Referee’s decisions always go against our team, in favor of the teams we hate, and perfectly impartial for the teams we don’t care about.

In truth I think referees are shit for all teams anyway. You can bring it on as a valid point if it’s a penalty in the world cup final, but not over the course of a season.

1 Like

1 Like

Now that top four is starting to feel like a long shot I think they might just psychologically give up on the league (if they haven’t already) and end up below us around 9th or 10th. When you’ve been competing for the biggest trophies, how do you get motivated to give your all on the pitch in order to secure qualification to the Europa League or, even worse, Europa Conference League?

With an older squad they might also be thinking that staying out of Europe altogether next year is their least bad outcome.

They’d probably be thinking winning the CL this season is the best outcome.

2 Likes

They aren’t winning the CL

2 Likes

POTY nomination

Wouldn’t rule them out.

They still have the quality.

4 Likes

Ironically see them easing past city or PSG as they’re mentally weak, and then again just dismantled by Bayern

1 Like

Cruise past Leipzig 4-0 on aggregate :sunglasses:

Again? I thought Liverpool dismantled Bayern the last time they played in 2019?

If they’re able to get Fabinho and Henderson back in midfield I can still see them beating any team in Europe.

1 Like

Did I miss them getting the trophy last night?

I mean its fair enough you disagree but save your I told you so if they actually win it lol not beat some shite German team to go through to the next round :joy:

1 Like

They aren’t my tip to win it, but blanket ruling them out in a knockout comp at the QF is idiocy which is what you did.

I’d have Bayern and City as the favs but Liverpool as good a chance as anyone else if one of those 2 don’t salute.

Leipzig also aren’t a bad side, not far off Bayern domestically, qualified ahead of United in the group stages. Sent Spurs packing easily last season and Atletico in the QF.

1 Like

Seeing all the Kabak and Trent slander today. If they don’t want them I’ll gladly take them here. :man_shrugging:

The person who should really be getting it in the neck is Klopp, poor selection and tactics made his team get wrecked by one of the worst Real teams in a good while.

3 Likes

Don’t know why Kabak is getting stick. He was probably their best player (albeit of a bad bunch) last night.

1 Like

Curious how trent would play in a midfield next to a few workers like Henderson and fabinho. Or adapt your tactics to work like how we used saka as a wingback with tierney as a lcb with license to move forward with a midfielder sitting deep to cover.

He’s far too exposed in a back 4 now people finally started to target him

Then again it could just be form. He’s far too good on the ball to not be on the pitch in the future.

1 Like