Liverpool

Bunch of Muppet fans, on both sides. If they’re not making vile chants about Munich, it’s about Hillsborough. To bring it to the women’s game now too is simply diabolical

2 Likes

Not quite as bad as that, “always the victim, never your fault”

The inference (by Man United fans) is that Liverpool fans were to blame for Hillsborough. Something that has been disproven in the court of law. I think there is a general feeling that Manchester United fans (not all, I might add) don’t acknowledge Hillsborough for the tragedy it was. It’s either that or Manchester United fans are referring to Heysel, which was clearly the fault of Liverpool fans, which Liverpool fans may be denying :man_shrugging: (not sure about this theory, though)

Having said that, I’m sure that there has to be a middle ground. Whenever I seem to watch a Liverpool home game, there appears to some sort of tribute to Hillsborough. It’s a tragedy, and a lot of the Liverpool fans (who weren’t directly affected by the tragedy) tend to use it as a weapon (i.e. “if you don’t acknowledge the tragedy, you’re basically saying it’s our fault and you’re just as bad as the United fans”)

In my opinion, there probably has to be an annual event around that time (which I know there is) marking the event at Anfield, and that’s it. Even if it’s not on a matchday. This way it commemorates the 96 lives lost in a fitting way and doesn’t, if you like, dilute the seriousness of the event

Had these incidents at lower age games as well between the two of them.
Less people and lower profile game just gives haters a platform to highlight the hate really.
Sad as it’ll be some children’s introduction to watching the game.

I mean they were acting the victim with Suarezgate and they were responsible for some of the largest football hooliganism that culminated in Hysal and the ban. They were constantly loads of fans turnstile jumping in those days.

The Bradford fire tradegy doesn’t get nearly the same treatment and it killed 56 and injured 265 people and it doesn’t get the same media treatment and didn’t have the same ‘justice for xyz’ and baying for blood mentality. In reality the police that day failed but Hillsborough wasn’t kitted out for such a big clash and they didn’t intend to send fans to their death, it was a tragic accident. But Liverpool fans want their pound of flesh for it. The crushing was an accident that nearly happened countless times prior, many times at various stadiums in the country, including Hillsborough.

Also the court ruling that it wasn’t fans fault in anyway is a bit PC. You can’t have a crush without the fans pushing the people in front. And fans constantly showed up without tickets and full of booze, you can see footage of the Liverpool FA Cup final prior to this where they were literally climbing into Wembley and the Scousers were known to be big turnstile jumpers.

3 Likes

That’s all up for debate but let’s also remember Manchester United where the first team to have their ground closed for hooliganism in the early 70s.
Also the first club to implement fencing around their ground.
Also causing havoc in Europe seen them having to play a European fixture at Plymouth as their home ground.
Not really in a place to take the higher moral ground historically.

4 Likes

Liverpool have now won 16 consecutive league games, what was the record held by Man City again ? 18 ?

On pace for 114 points.

3 Likes

The article suggests that this kind of offence would have ordinarily resulted in expulsion from the League Cup. Liverpool had “mitigating factors” and so only received a financial penalty.

Load of horse shit if you ask me. You have an entire reserve and youth team to pick from. They weren’t forced to play this guy by the mafia. Bizarre outcome.

3 Likes

Sponsors mate. Their not kicking a brand like that out.
Mk Dons not a suitable replacement. Crap though.

1 Like

If they kick them out, that means they have one less (and least importance) cup to play, and have better chance on the other tournament and the league.

God I am so happy that I adopted Arsenal as my foreign club to support since 1998. I fucking loathe United on the level of Spurs.

They are such an arrogant twats club.

Yeah I reckon all of us non-England based fans tend to hate United more, because I think they were most popular around the time football became more global and so many people ‘support’ United.

Everyone has their reasons, but I only support Arsenal because my old man did like his old man did before him and if I’d have been born there like them I’d be going to games from age 0. Would probably support Chelsea otherwise due to them being popular when I was young haha

To me Arsenal is as much about family as it is about a football team, so that’s probably another reason why I hate United so much personally as many of their fans just support the successful brand and dont have much understanding of the culture of football.

Again, that’s not to discourage foreign fans or say it’s not possible to have genuine passion for a foreign team, it’s just annoying when some United fan twat gives you shit about Arsenal when you know full well they probably couldn’t name their whole starting 11.

5 Likes

Fucks me off no end, when there’s a fan with no real true connection to a huge club, starts giving it out to fans of much smaller teams, especially when it’s almost guaranteed those fans are connected with those clubs, or else why would they pick them?

Maybe gatekeeping a bit there but it irks me so much.

1 Like

First call on the radio last night.

Liverpool fan: “We’re going to go unbeaten in the league this season. I’m predicting us to get 108 points.”

Oh, fuck off.

1 Like

Old Trafford has killed off a number of unbeaten records in the past. Ours, Chelsea’s, even Liverpool had a long streak which Rio Ferdinand ended with a last minute header about 10 years ago.

I’m banking on those useless fcks to do something after the international break

1 Like

108 points is excessive, but in Liverpool’s defence they’ve only been beaten once in their last 50 league games and that was a marginal loss at the Etihad

Feck off

9 Likes

True. Though one could say the league seems slightly more competitive than last year. Brighton away, Burnley away, Leicester away. All tough fixtures, to name a few. Can’t see them going unbeaten as they’ll certainly lose atleast one of the above mentioned fixtures.