Liverpool

Nothing is stopping Emery from finding the next Salah for 35 million quid though, imagine the scenes when Klopp sells him to Madrid for 200 million and spends the money on 3 quality players in different positions.

I look forward to the outcry.

This. I hate to say it but actually believing something might happen and enjoying watching your team is 90 percent of football.

I miss that. Instead of this shit we current have

1 Like

I apologize for bringing Klopp up in this thread, I realize now it was a mistake and Iā€™ve triggered too many people.

what_have_you_done_face_by_peteypiranha128-d3pbwit%20(1)

9 Likes

Mav will be RAGIN

1 Like

In the summer they sold Suarez they bought Lambert, Balotelli, Markovic, Lallana, Can, Lovren, Origi, Moreno for ~120 million. I.e. they wasted that money.

1 Like

The Liverpool team Klopp walked into was a shambles tbf. With great buying and selling in 4 years he has built a great team

Emery had Ɩzil Auba and Laca at least.

And Mustafi, who voids the above :joy:

8 Likes

Both are shambles :joy: but he only had Coutinho and Firmino didnā€™t he? Was just thinking of the key attacking players he walked into

They bought an entire team from that and moved on any of the duds quickly. Granted they got the Coutinho money which was way better invested but those two players alone turned the tide for Liverpool the last six or seven years.

Even before Klopp the Gerrard slipping stuff is funny but when was the last time we took the title race to May? :sob: 2004/05?

1 Like

Honestly involving Suarez in this is really pushing the narrative. Might you Liverpool were 6th in 14/15 and 8th in 15/16. This is Klopp 4th season in charge. He rather had a lot of shit to clean up than the squad he inherited helped his cause.

1 Like

Even then Chelsea won it in April.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t sure if that Bolton game was late April or May so 2004 then for us :joy:

Not really, Suarez was an amazing investment that allowed them to spend the same way Baleā€™s deal did for Spurs.

If we had sold one or two players for 100 million in the last five years Iā€™d like to think our transfer spending wouldnā€™t be as depressing.

Liverpool finished behind fucking West Ham and Southampton 3 years ago and we finished second! Why are we such pricks at football?

because we have had stu[id pricks like gazidis and wenger in charge or recruitment and did stupid things like keeping sanchez knowing full well he wouldnt sign on and trying to show him whos boss meanwhile he played like a cunt for us and we miss out on 60m for him and lose him for nothing with mhkiā€¦stupid deals like this have fucked us, and there were LOTS of them!

1 Like

But Liverpoolā€™s activity on the market has been quite bad to average apart from the last two/three windows. In that sense buying and selling Suarez had no influence on Kloppā€™s work.

Remember when they bought Klavan, Matip and Karius in 2016?

Yep this we say we had no one to sell then turn down 60M for at the time the best player in the league and sell him for nothing 6 months later.

FFSSSSSSSSSSSSS

In hindsight we should have taken 60m for Sanchez even if we couldnā€™t replace him, but thereā€™s no fucking way anyone on here would have accepted that at the time. And laying out 90m on Lemar wouldnā€™t have counted as good business either.

4 Likes

Yep there is that. We would just fucked the 60M up the wall like some jakey who just won the lottery :joy:

1 Like