Liverpool

Indeed.

He’s performing a certain role in this team, at Sampdoria he played a different role. At 22 he’s highly versatile, we haven’t seen the best of him by a long shot.

1 Like

Prefers Coquelin. Says it all. :joy:

@arsenescoatmaker is right tho. I scoffed when Torreira was signed because he was being touted as a Santi replacement. Anyone with two eyes can see that he’s not anything close to Santi, Torreira is a defensive player with limited offensive capabilities. He’s not really a great passer and he can’t carry the ball or dribble past ppl. If he keeps this form up I will go on and say he’s better than Coq. The key is consistency tho, Coq had a year where he had the best defensive stats in all of Europe, but he had Santi alongside him to recycle balls he won, and he fell off after a purple patch.

You just seen everyone was excited about this signing and decided to be the exact opposite because you are a very boring shit troll

3 Likes

Don’t you remember the bicycle kick that Tor had??

Could Coq do it? I highly doubt.

Was he touted as a Santi replacement? Because I don’t seem to remember that ever being the case. I don’t think I’ve ever read anyone making that comparison because there isn’t one and there never has been one. Torreira is an excellent player who will grow exponentially into a world class central midfielder. Him and Bentancur will probably be the Uruguay midfield 2 for many years to come.

3 Likes

Liverpool thread people, not Torreira vs Coq. The absence of Klopp talk in the last 30 posts is infuriating.

Santi replacement when Santi hadn’t played for us in two years. Yea, loads of us were saying that. :arteta:

1 Like

1 Like

Toriera plays a basic role with a limited skillset and isn’t that good. Get over it.

Bold prediction there, I don’t see it in his locker whatsoever.

Let’s take a logical perspective, pick the number 1 DM in Busquets and talk about what Torriera can emulate in his game in comparison to Busquets and what he’s never going to come near to. Once you put that in perspective you get his level.

I think under the right coaching and playing alongside the right talent we’ll be able to see his talents to their full extent. He did a very good job at Sampdoria and he has so much room to grow as a player.

1 Like

He also played a different role than he does here.

It showcased the variety in his game much more.

1 Like

121 million quid raised :clap::moneybag:

Well some are British so the price skyrockets…:joy:
Anyway, no wonder teams ask crazy money from them. The last couple of transfers did bang for them but it wasn’t long ago since almost every transfer they made flopped or wasn’t that good.

2 Likes

1 Like

That pretty much sums up why in the last 2-3 years they just made us look like mugs in comparison in terms of transfers…

6 Likes

Our lack of nous in that area is criminal and is the epitome of hubris.

To think some were actually being paid to “manage” that area.

@Gio I truly fear for you buddy. You think it’s bad now, just wait till Baldzidis has his claws in and brings that infernal StatsDNA. You got to hope Maldini and Leo see that shit and do this:

3 Likes

I want to see the receipts.

I’ve never seen anyone suggest he was Santi like, so genuinely, I’d like to see who said that because it sounds like bullshit.