LGBTQI+ footballers

Ah cool, thanks for the info. How was he received after coming out and still playing? I could be wrong but the lack of/different terrace culture might mean he didn’t get as much abuse from fans Stateside?

Actually he was received very well. Oh, I’m sure he was the target of some abuse, but generally it was seen as positive. Playing in Los Angeles instead of Texas or somewhere more white evangelical probably helped as well. And a lot of the bigots were keeping their mouths shut before Trump came along and inspired them to be vocal again.

2 Likes

kind of sad really, could have been the start of more to come out

Was probably a fake account.

7 Likes

but what would be the point of it?

Having thousands of Twitter followers for a few weeks? Some people just love that shit.

1 Like

but then he would have been irrelevant after not deciding to come out and most likely lose the followers

If it even was a he!!! :flushed:

when I say he I mean he/she

"I am gay. Even writing that down in this letter is a big step for me.

“But only my family members and a select group of friends are aware of my sexuality. I don’t feel ready to share it with my team or manager.”

"How does it feel having to live like this? Day-to-day, it can be an absolute nightmare. And it is affecting my mental health more and more.

“I feel trapped and my fear is that disclosing the truth about what I am will only make things worse.”

You only have to look at some of those replies to see exactly why the person in question hasn’t come out yet.

3 Likes

Seeing a lot Bellerin and Sterling in the replies.
Am I missing something about those two? Has it been rumoured before?

no its because he likes fashion and you cant be straight and like fashion :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Fair, what about Sterling though?

Probably because he has that limp wrist thing going on when he runs.

Just got to ignore the massive brood of children he has :slight_smile:

He is brand ambassador of H&M

Also he runs weird, really weird

1 Like

Sad documentary about Justin Fashanu. Although I had to laugh at the part where his brother was going through his brothers pockets, stealing his money and then saying ‘I don’t understand how he could lose money in his pockets’.

1 Like

Why does it even bloody matter?

Even the “straight” footballers. I don’t care who they’re married to. I just care about what they do on the pitch.

I’d imagine it’s mostly the exposure to oposition stands mate.

I’ve heard it said there was a gay player in the 80s and all his teamates who had a bit on the side, loved him because they took the other bird around his place.

1 Like