Leeds United

Wonder if bielsa hired a new translator or he’s stuck with the same one this season.

The thread title is as polite as I’m prepared to tolerate for this pack of unspeakable cunts.

3 Likes

They used to have the dirtiest team in the league and their supporters were no better…
Anyone who doesn’t know what they were like, just search for "dirty Leeds on You Tube.

Their style of play resembled a bar brawl rather than a football match and they were proud of it.

2 Likes

Selling Cantona to United has to be the biggest mistake in PL history.

4 Likes

If it wasn’t for them selling him to Man U, we might not have seen their dominance in the league for so many seasons.

When we sold RVP to them to give them the title that was bad enough but, like you say, selling Cantona to your biggest rivals and watching their continued success was a big mistake, from their point of view.

1 Like

Cantona fell out with the manager IIRC. It’s funny Fergie kicked out so many players who undermined him but he must have made exceptions for Cantona because Eric fell out with all his managers. Gary Neville said Cantona would show up to functions with a suit and trainers and if it was anyone else they’d be sent home and fined. There would of been incidents where he challenged Fergie too I reckon that SAF let slip because of how good he was.

Very underrated player even by United fans today

4 Likes

He was the catalyst for me that made united and sealed Fergie into the legend he became.
That holy grail of the title loomed so large and so long at United.
Cantona wasn’t afraid of the challenge of United which had held so many back before him. He embraced it and thrived on it.

4 Likes

Absolutely because United weren’t looking like winning the title before signing Cantona mid season. United had won only two of their last 13 games when he signed apparently. He comes and completely changes their creative play.

Not only did he help United win all those league titles, he’d helped Leeds the season before and took Marseille to 2 league titles too. He also won French Cup competitions with Auxere and Montpellier.

I imagine he totally elevates everyone around him. Also he’d retired before he moved to Leeds because:

In December 1991, during a match for Nîmes, he threw the ball at the referee, having been angered by one of his decisions. He was summoned to a disciplinary hearing by the French Football Federation and was banned for one month. Cantona responded by walking up to members of the hearing committee in turn and calling each of them an “idiot”. His ban was increased to two months, and Cantona subsequently announced his retirement from football on 16 December 1991

Absolute nutcase

2 Likes

No, selling van Cunt to United and Andy Cole to United was far worse.

Not close mate. United might not have ever won a PL title without Cantona but he pushed them to their first 4 titles since the 60s. The only season they missed out on a title was when he was banned for kicking a Palace fan. Cole flopped when he initially moved to United. RVP gave them a whole 1 title

3 Likes

Leeds got spanked by Ajax last night

Couple of good goals too

The love in for Leeds will turn when their fans end up back in the ground this season.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Geez, I actually think they’re going down.

Kalvin, Raphinha, Bamford, James and Meslier all worth a look.
Would you take any of them?
I wouldn’t personally but I hope they find new PL clubs.

1 Like

Kalvin and Raphina

1 Like

Raphinha is comfortably one of the best wide players in the league, that’s the kind of player we should have signed.

Would love him here but he’s destined for a club that will compete for the PL.

1 Like

We already have Pepe and Saka so I’ll give him a pass myself unless Pepe goes. Think he is destined to go to Liverpool to compete with Salah though.

He’d be our best player if he came, I’m not overlooking him for anyone in our squad.

Liverpool is a good shout.

Kalvin would add a bit of bite to our midfield and be a worthy addition to our current British crop

Raphina walks into the side. He and Saka on either flank.

Phillips seems a decent player, not convinced he’s top quality but wouldn’t turn my nose up.

1 Like