Leeds United Vs Arsenal (PL)

It wasn’t Aston Villa who made us realise our attacking predicaments, this has been obvious since he arrived.
As for Arteta instigating a change to our system and approach, he hasn’t done it before so why would the start doing it now?
I think we’ll get something out of the Leeds game but it will still be the same unconvincing performance as we’ve seen been used to from Arteta.

Yeah very possible we will get a result here. We aren’t gonna get relegated. Just finish 8th or so. We are still gonna win points along the way.

3 Likes

Feels like this game is more about how we win. Arteta has put himself under great pressure to not just adjust the attacking formation but to make sure it works within the next month or so.

Leeds lick off so many shots in the opposition box, we get how many off? And even if we do our main danger man isn’t getting the chances.

Leeds are open to sides who can actually attack, can see a relatively easy bounce back win for them against us.

Because his ego, reputation and ultimately job is on the line if he sticks with the exact same system/approach and the results don’t change.

He strikes me as a very proud man. This is probably the worst result in his managerial career so far - it was a 3 goal home defeat against Villa, not a Liverpool/Man City. His ego is bruised, make no mistake.

And its been partly self-inflicted. How he reacts depends on how much he is willing to put his pride aside and try what others have suggested. Because he would certainly get away with this if he could, but Villa showed, that he couldn’t.

He’s a young man, he can evolve to take more risks, it’s not impossible. Especially if he consults with the right people.

1 Like

He’s had countless games to stop his ego being bashed poor old mikel :cry:

He’s brought it all on himself

1 Like

If he sticks with his original plan and persistent on what he believes in, ego or not, at least I think he is a man.
A few defeats, and now changing his mind, he can go fuck his footballing reason.
Didn’t he insist so much in the beginning?

No you don’t. Be honest. You slaughtered him last night like the rest of us.
Now your saying he should repeat the same tactics.
That’s just about you wanting him too fail. If you want him too fail just say it.

I slaughtered him, yes, but he could still act like a man by doing what he insisted so much.
Now, he is a cunt if he is afraid.
Too bad, he put all responsibilities on his shoulder by licking his upper management’s asses.

When did I say I wouldn’t scrutinize him?

This is what will define him here.
It’s his lack of flexibility that has seen the same inadequate performances from the team and I think the reason he is sticking with it, is because to change would be admitting he was wrong.
He doesn’t seem to be the sort of person to do that, just like Wenger.

He persisted with Xhaka, when everyone knew he wasn’t good enough and, when he did drop him for the Man U game, we got a result.
So maybe he will learn from that and start playing Aubameyang upfront with Pepe and Cellabos alongside and keep Lacazette and Willian on the bench.

If he continues doggedly with the tried and trusted tactics of failure he has been using, then any sympathy he might still have will evaporate.

Win you bastards make up for Villa. COYG

If we lose this we are really in some fucking trouble. Leeds talent level is so far below ours. No way we lose this match. Although I thought we’d beat Villa at home and we got out doors smashed in. Is Partey fit for this match?

2 Likes

We’re the f’ckin KingMakers.

Grealish is prancing about like the new f’ckin Glenn Hoddle since that game.

He’s a good player, he’d do well with us, but he ain’t as good as the pundits would have you believe

1 Like

That was already happening before the Arsenal game…

Finally this game is in sight. No more crappy international breaks until the World Cup qualifiers in March. :partying_face:

Looking forward to this match. Leeds have conceded the most goals in the league, so fully expect even our shit attack to get a couple.

3 Likes

Thomas Partey
Left thigh. Thomas was replaced at half time during the match against Aston Villa and has sustained a strain to his left thigh.
Continues to be assessed, will not be available for this weekend’s match and will continue his rehabilitation.

Doesn’t sound good…

1 Like

Does that mean he can play but can’t go the barbers to get his hair cut before the game?

1 Like

We’re in struggle street anyways, the least we could have got was news that Partey is healthy.

3 Likes

Not so much a street, more of a cu-de-sac. :grinning: