Leandro Trossard (19)

If Trossard help us win the title as a key player, then the honour should go to Tross.

3 Likes

Arshavin is definitely our best ever January signing. He literally became our main man and got us to fourth. Trossard continues in this vein though and he pushes him close. Adebayor was a pretty good January signing as well.

3 Likes

Trossard has 9 matches, 1 goal and 5 assists.

Arshavin (in the second half of 08-09) played 12 league matches, scored six and assisted eight. Now we all know four of those were in a single match which is still absurd and even more absurd that it was a draw.

3 Likes

I’m praying for Trossard to do a madness at Anfield :pray:

8 Likes

Again

7 Likes

Such a great addition. I don’t know if he’ll be the “BEST JANUARY SIGNING EVER, EVER, Ever, ever…” but he has been very effective where ever Arteta has put him… and has given us a lift when we need it on several occasions.

2 Likes

Arshavin was a one man army that came in and saved our season in 08/09 when we were about to lose 4th to Villa. God knows what would have happened to us as a club if we’d dropped out of the CL at that point.

However, if we win the PL this season, Trossard will have been a significant factor in that and I feel like he should get the best ever Jan signing.

Shout out to Jorginho because he has been immense too, he just doesn’t score goals (except for the Villa winner which may also be the difference maker in the end).

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that we’d have been fucked.

Wenger was totally down the rabbit hole at that point of trying to play with a certain type of player and on a reduced UEFA Cup budget he would have had the excuse that I think he craved to not spend big money.

1 Like

Meh maybe dropping out of the CL a little earlier and having to reform and rebuild would have been the answer. I never bought the garbage that we were some poverty stricken club that could barely pay off their stadium without European football.

Even had we dropped out I struggle to envision a timeline worse than the fucking banter era.

Pool came off the rails for a while and completely changed direction as a club under Klopp, no reason to think we couldn’t have done the same. Some times the most dangerous thing you can do in life is tread water and that’s exactly what we did for years under Wenger- qualifying but never competing. Pointless

3 Likes

Oh don’t misunderstand me, I don’t think we were. But I think Wenger would have sold it to us that we were.

I think it would have gotten worse a lot faster and maybe the club would have rebounded the way Liverpool did. But I think the lows would have been lower mostly because Wenger would have been determined to not spend his way back into the CL which is ironic considering that’s exactly what the club tried to do right at the end of his tenure and it was a total disaster.

Emoji?

5 Likes

He should stay in the starting XI. As a “9”.

7 Likes

Lol had 5 assist in 64 match since joining Arsenal he has 6 in 5 matches

3 Likes

Had 5 assists in his previous 64 games before his recent run

6 Likes

5 assists in 64 games before getting 6 in 5 games recently

6 Likes

Can you guys believe it? He only had 5 assists in 64 games before the Arsenal, now he has 6 in his last 5.

7 Likes

Big quality jump between Welbeck and Martinelli tbh.

Ha, we must have posted at the exact same time @ryaninho

1 Like

Lol Martinelli is still playing with him on the pitch

I meant it easier to get assists when Martinelli is the player you are setting up, and not Welbeck as he had at Brighton.

2 Likes