Laurent Koscielny

One of the best players we had in last decade

3 Likes

Has he retired from football or has football retired from him?

1 Like

Is this post from 2020?

1 Like

Defoe and now Kos. Big week.

1 Like

Despite some of his shortcomings, he was a reliable servant for our club for a long time. Shame he left in that manner but definitely deserves respect from the fans.

2 Likes

Overrated dickhead

2 Likes

Solid defender. Overrated by Arsenal fans when they started putting him in the upper echelon of defenders in Europe and calling him the best in the PL.

Not fond of him like others are thougu. I think heā€™s a bit of a prick and he left us in a very negative way and also in a way that disadvantaged the club and compromised us very late in the transfer window.

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t he promised stuff by the club? Also, he wrecked his body for the club.

Very good player in general who had some pretty bad moments in big matches.

2 Likes

Much better than solid.

Played under a coach with no defensive nous with a brand of football that boiled down to go out there and express yourselves.

Acquited himself very well considering, would have been even better under a coach who implemented a system that had a good defensive foundation and plan of action.

Left on bad terms but who is to say what the truth is, he only became a villain to people after that episode. Prior to that there was not a single peep of unprofessional behaviour or being anything other than a loyal and quiet player that gave his all season to season.

6 Likes

I tend to give players the benefit of the doubt in most cases because clubs will absolutely destroy a playerā€™s body and then discard them without a second thought.

IIRC Kos had ankle or achilles issues and he couldnā€™t really train properly or was taking injections but the club asked him to keep playing. There were rumors that they promised him a transfer out that summer but refused to let him go. Yeah, he left on bad terms but like you said, something must have gone really rotten behind the scenes for a guy to refuse to report for preseason.

2 Likes

Solid player did his part but unfortunately the Atletico error is a defining moment for him. A really bad time to make an error like that. (Although the match isnā€™t his fault).

1 Like

Itā€™s the Birmingham error for me. Real sliding doors moment.

4 Likes

True.

I still have that monumental fuck up against Birmingham City fresh in the memory. Some blame Woj, some blame Kos. They were both to blame.

Having said alllll that, can I confidently say that Ben White or Gabriel are better than Kos? Probably notā€¦

FIFY. :laca2:

1 Like

I can, wouldnā€™t swap either for that error prone drama queen.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think drama queen has much to do with on field performances tbf. Ozil was a drama queen but heā€™s far superior to Odegaard, for example.

I like it more than Kos and Mertesacker, I never warmed up to that duo even if it was competent. Iā€™m not sure why. Maybe itā€™s the Leicester title winning season that makes me feel that way.

1 Like

Remember when he done his achilles by missing the ball in the last minute of the semi final 1st leg?

Good times

Been part of too many awful games in the heart of defence to have any great feel for him. Made a dickhead of himself on that Bordeaux video.

5 Likes