Laurent Koscielny

Yeah haw

Thatā€™s the thing with him. Heā€™s prone to make these exact mistakes on a somewhat regular base.

1 Like

As much as I love the boss, he rarely seems to have something like this in his locker. But tbh in no way does it detract from his otherwise astounding level as a defender.

Thought he was a bit all over the place today tbh.

When was the last time he made this kind of mistake let alone it being a regular occurrence?

1 Like

Giving away a penalty and getting sent of vs City? If Iā€™ve remembered that incident correctly? (Or was that Mertesacker?)

He used to make this kind of mistake semi-regularly. I reckon heā€™s down to about one a season now

I donā€™t have exact dates or games. I donā€™t know if itā€™s him and/or the system, but this is a weakness in his game.

Yeah although was three years ago to be fair.

I canā€™t agree with that because it does not happen on a regular basis, all defenders make mistake thatā€™s the game. It used to be an issue yes but heā€™s ironed them out for quite a while now.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I can totally believe it was a few seasons ago, it was just the most recent/obvious one that sprung to mind. I wasnā€™t coming at it from the angle of trying to disagree, probably more the opposite actually :+1:

Koscielny has indeed ironed it out & like every defender, he will have one or two howlers a season. Definitely not a regular thing though.

That Carling cup fuck up is still embedded in peopleā€™s mind.

I heard something like an attacker has 89 poor minutes, people are more inclined to remember the 1 good minute.

A defender has 89 good minutes, people will remember the 1 bad minute.

It sort of rings true imo.

5 Likes

Well yeah. That one bad minute can cost you the game, whilst the one good minute can win the game

1 Like

Even the best can make a mistake. Itā€™s how you react that show how great you are.

Great news!

6 Likes

Yes! Da Boss! :giroud2:

Woo

1 Like

Fuckinā€™ excellent

1 Like

2020 would take him nicely to earning a testimonial, great stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 years down the lineā€¦ā€œFFS Whyā€™d we give him a 4 year contract? He was 31. Stop being cheapskates and buy a fucking defender!ā€

(JK)

Brilliant news! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For some reason this is kinda unexpected but great news all the same. Iā€™m not even sure why I find it a little surprising.