Laurent Koscielny

Thought the Atletico game in April should have been his last game for us and these two games haven’t changed my mind

Sentiment in football gets you nowhere. He was finished last season and is even worse now

Would be a good move for Koscielny

1 Like

It takes time to recover from that kind of injury and Kosh has been thrown in at the deep end playing with midfielders and right backs as his central defending partner. I think if he’s returned playing LC fixtures and early round FA Cup games partnered alongside a good CB he’d be significantly less exposed.

2 Likes

Struggled manfully on the teams behalf. Desperate times see him playing right now. Deserves credit though for being a top pro and getting out their for us.

I actually thought he was substantially better than a couple of defenders tonight to his credit, still shouldn’t be playing important minutes though at a club harbouring thoughts of Champions qualification.

2 Likes

Another weird as fuck substitution from Emery today.

I think that was more about his body so I’ll give him a pass on that one.

3 Likes

Quite like the Lolo-Papa pair. Ironically they’re very similar players. Two of the guys that started the trend of CBs being overall good and specifically being quite fast. Now they’re all matured up and have to adjust their style.

May well become a common theme, if his Achilles means it’s hard to last the 90 at Premier League pace. I thought he was hobbling around a bit prior to the substitution anyway

9 Likes

Whoa! He’s been here 9 seasons?! Fuck I forget we signed him in 2010

1 Like

Not sure about the Laca sub man.

Does he get a testimonial? Club captain but will probably leave short of 10 years of service.

He absolutely deserves one

1 Like

His best performance since he came back. Deserved MoTM

1 Like

Laca is MOM. Koscielny is next best mind.

MOTM poll imminent guys

Laca scored a great goal. Koscielny has been a rock. Blocking everything.

Koscielny does look back to his sharp best

1 Like

Still life in the old dog yet :kos2: He came back at a time when Arsenal are a mess defensively and without proper fitness and sharpness, he was being lamped on harshly. Don’t get me wrong, we need to invest badly at the back, and invest in the future but provided he stays fit, I’d still like to keep Kos around, even if he ends up more of a squad player.

1 Like