Laurent Koscielny

Whaaaaaaat?!

Haha fucking savage, must have seen Koz kick the ball into his own face and cost us the Europa league last season.

2 Likes

Its not surprising at all if true tbh. Koscielny has suffered a potentially career ending injury at his age. Heā€™ll never be peak Koscielny again.

1 Like

Right decision imo.

Could be Unai has seen something during Laurentā€™s recovery stage, to suggest he may not be as good as he used to be. I mean isnā€™t he effectively having regular injections to deal with a previous injury before the current one he suffered? He probably feelā€™s itā€™s not worth the gamble and better to look towards someone else thatā€™s more likely to be a bit more reliable on the injury front long term.

I will miss him though if he goes, but a new start somewhere like many of the Wenger mass clear out might not be so bad for him. Hopefully somewhere better than Villa though.

1 Like

It might also have to do with the fact that he turned 33 years old last september.

I doubt that this is true, he wouldnā€™t told him that, while he is still recovering!

Only if we sold Mustafi as well, otherwise it would be a nonsense.

1 Like

Way to kick a man when heā€™s down lol

3 Likes

I know itā€™s bad enough being told to leave without Villa been interested in you aswell!

Itā€™s a savage injury he suffered and extremely difficult to return to near your best especially when youā€™re 33. Still I would be tipping heā€™s a superior player to Mustafi 3 months after his return from the injury.

1 Like

Ruthless if true :slight_smile:

Guess he wants us to start losing now like France.

1 Like

So we canā€™t sing the Whitney Houston #ohhh I wanna dance with Koscielny# any more?

:frowning_face:

Much as I love Kos itā€™s simply the right thing to do. You canā€™t rely on a player coming back from that type of injury at that age and who has to fit into a new system on top of that too.

It would absolutely end in disaster early into next season and weā€™d be rightly pissed off with Emery if he did.

2 Likes

This time next year weā€™ll be hearing about how not being part of the 2018/19 title winning Arsenal team broke his heart and that a part of him was hoping weā€™d lose rather than romp home with it.

2 Likes

@stroller beat you to this :wink:

Is it the right thing to do or would the right thing be to wait and see how he recovers. Obviously Emery is privy to info we are not. But heā€™s got 2 years left on his contract anyway and i canā€™t see the likes of Villa matching his wage.

You mean including this season? I thought 19/20 was the last season on his contract.

Yes itā€™s absolutely the right thing to do. Wait and see hasnā€™t worked for us with serious injuries. If he has two years left on the contract weā€™re into that space Raul talked about where you have to make a decision. This is the only sane decision to make imo.