Laurent Koscielny

lol haha yes I meant it as “well it doesn’t make immediate sense but I mean if it works it’d be great” :smiley:

Yeah that DM role is way more than just being a good mobile tackler that protects the back four. You can just play 3 at the back for that with the central man being a sweeper style defender.

At a team like Arsenal, the defensive side of the role might actually take up less of the overall job than the ball playing side of the role.

DM’s are still proper central midfielders that can keep the ball under pressure, retain possession and can supply. How can we expect all that from an orthodox CB?

Even if he could do that role footballistically I wouldn’t want to give a player that’s starting to decline and has dodgy muscles more running about to do

:mustafi:

1 Like

Interesting that Mustafi’s face is there. He would be a better fit if anyone could make the transition. He’s pretty decent at the ball distribution side of the DM role. Although another problem I have with it is that he would have to sit back so deep to be useful. So far only David Luiz made it work because he was unorthodox to say the least with a lot of qualities going forward.

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/970393837041586176?s=19

Been proper shit this season. Needs replaced

1 Like

In his 30s and relies on injections to get through games, it was always coming. Cech, Monreal & Koscielny are all finished, that’s three of our first choice back 5.

5 Likes

Love him, but the injuries have fucked him up.

Koscielny is #3 if I remember

Kos and Cech will definitely need replacing at the end of this season.
They have been great players, but at their age and with persistent injuries to Kos, it is getting difficult to see how they can be first team regulars.

2 Likes

SAD CUNT! FUCK OFF!

1 Like

Clown. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

SELL HIM IMMEDIATELY FFS!

1 Like

Pitiful

2 Likes

Terrible

2 Likes

Fucking brain-dead cunt.

This guy’s our captain aswell? Get to fuck. He’s finished and has been abysmal all season.

3 Likes

That mistake reminds me of the one against Birmingham in the cup final.

Simply can’t do that.

Naturally, Mustafi falls down too.

3 Likes

Total suicide to our cup chances

4 Likes

This guy can fuck off when Wenger leaves. Haven’t learnt a thing from the day he fucked us over in the League Cup.

1 Like

End of the day it’s all down to the lack of structure of the defence.

One through ball should not put him 1 v 1 with a defender.

2 Likes

FUCKING BASTARD! FUCK OFFFFFFFFFF! FUCK OFFFFFFFFF!

1 Like