La Liga

Didn’t really matter though, did it? I could have started in goal for some of those Barca teams.

1 Like

Jose Manuel Pinto agrees

One of the great hairstyles of the 2000s.

I feel like Valdes is one that is now underrated. I’m not saying that he was particularly amazing or one of the best of his generation, or anything at all like that, but so many people now say that he was basically shit that I think he has become unfairly maligned.

2 Likes

Yeah people really shit Valdes as if he were a useless goalkeeper. He obviously served a real tactical purpose in the squad for Barcelona but the guys not a shitter of a keeper

Barca starting with Raphina, Lewa and Dembele up front and Christensen at the back, they have apparently managed to renew and register every new player except Koundé (so far). Auba on the bench, I wonder if it means he is going.

He was always gonna be backup with the incomings.

Barcelona’s bench is a top 4 PL squad

2 Likes

Laughed at Barca only to see Madrid losing to Almeria.
Fucking hell, as suspected Madrid are shooting themselves on the foot.
Team desperately needs another forward coming in.

Benzie and Vini can’t keep carrying this team.

naaa they got this

Vazquez!

Desperately need another forward man. A serious injury to Benzema or Vini and this team is fucked.

maybe need hazard to stop being a fat useless cunt

yup. I wonder if Rodrygo’s last minute burst last season convinced them they’d be enough this season, I was not convinced :sweat_smile:

That’s it really and that’s why I’m pissed. Madrid shouldn’t be relaxing because a player had a purple patch late last season.

They haven’t really spent much net (by their standards) in years tbh, I think they had a fortune saved up for Mbappe and when he decided to become a cult leader at PSG instead they didn’t have time to reset, I think maybe they wanted absolute world class (Håland, Mbappe) or nothing this summer perhaps? What do you think.

edit: LOL David Alaba, first touch of the game :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I’m thinking Perez is holding on until another top talent becomes available. Still, my fear is that Barcelona are essentially give a free pass to win La Liga.

Btw, Carlo going back on his statement about keeping Alaba as CB and using Rudiger as fullback.

Didn’t last long. Alaba should be the LB, let’s be honest.

Yeah Rüdiger - Militao could be really solid tog. and Alaba is def. better than crazy Mendy. Great to have a match fit reserve CB ready any time as well if need be, they just play musical chairs and swap around a bit.

Not bad :xhaka2: