La Liga

I think he’s a good coach. Would have preferred him at Roma than that footballing terrorist Mourinho.

1 Like

I think he’s hugely overrated. I’ll acknowledge his work at Spurs to a degree but his failings aren’t talked about enough.
Similarly with Moyes at Everton. There was enough warnings to tell you he wasn’t cut out for top club management.

Everton could soon be on the look out for a new coach. Graham Potter to replace Ancelotti?

2 Likes

Mourinho must really hate his life right now. Apparently there was a desire from both parties for a comeback before he signed for Spurs. :rofl:

Yeah I’m not sure a 33 year old Kun is the answer to Barca getting the La Liga title back.

2 Likes

It makes sense if you think Ancelotti is a top coach.

Who does Everton go for now? I think they should make a very aggressive play for Conte

Ancelotti seems like the kind of move when you run out of ideas.

3 Likes

La liga is absolutely fucked. Barcelona and madrids solutions are to sign Aguero and Ancelloti. They have no idea how to run a football club now they dont just have a generation of world class young spanish footballers coming through the ranks.

2 Likes

Actually Barcelona has a lot of young talent. Pedri, de Jong, Garcia, Fati, signed a young kid from Brazil, Dest, Mingueza and Moriba made a lot of minutes this season. They just don’t have the money to add a proper partner for Messi.

Real fucked itself from a thought-out position to actually work on their future. They signed Vinicus, Rodrygo and Militao for a lot of money. The problem is that they haven’t developed in great players (yet).

Ancelotti will flame out within two seasons, he isn’t doing anything with that squad.

@RockyMaivia: indeed, it’s not even a sideways move for Real. At this point Zidane is the better coach, also in the end Real didn’t back Zidane why would it be any different for Ancelotti? Won’t end well.

1 Like

Raul is currently coaching Castilla. The choice of Ancelotti for the short term might be a concious one to give him a couple of more years. Basically hope for the same trajectory as Zidane.

1 Like

That may be the reason, I do think it’s very optimistic though.

Ancelotti doesn’t strike me as a coach that can get more out of less at least not at this point in his career, I don’t think Zidane was truly elite but he excelled in that regard.

Can’t see Real or Barca winning the CL next season.

1 Like

English sides are going to have great chances to keep winning CLs in the next few years. Only Bayern and maybe PSG (if they keep Mbappe and improve their transfer business) look formidable outside England.

3 Likes

Juventus will probably be up there, if Allegri is still good.

The death throes of the Spanish league. Moves like this and the ESL…

Final lashing out as the PL continues with their arm round their neck in a stranglehold.

1 Like

This is surely primed for a back to back La Liga titles for Atletico if they get it together.

1 Like

What about Emery’s yellow submarines?

It’s Emery, finish around 7th. Finish last in CL Groups and probably get to a Copa del rey final or something.