La Liga

2-1! Game on! Deserved.

2-1 Barca at HT. Nice game.

Around 2013 I believe! Unfortunately he suffered a pretty major injury in 2011 so he declined a bit by then but I still wouldā€™ve took him instantly

What a strike by Suarez that was. Struck it with his left leg firmly planted to the ground too

2 Likes

Should have been 2-2! Barca still crap at the back.
Barca have been so crap in this second half. Getafe deserve to draw.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! WTF GETAFE!? :rofl:
Messi misses the 3-1 1 vs. 1 with the goalie.
Messi close again.
Barca win, but what a struggle for them in the second half!

I was kinda hoping theyā€™d do this with Spurs and Liverpool players more so than Hazard.

3 Likes

Learnt from :ozil2:

Probably not, but probably from Xavi though :blush:

Barca have pretty much dominated La Liga for Messiā€™s whole career. Theyā€™ll win another title this season.

As much as heā€™s been magical and was probably my favourite player in the world when he was about 17, I must admit I look forward to the day Messi retires or declines so that football can reset. I find it a bit boring these days to watch him be so much better than pretty much all opposition.

1 Like

Just the 22 goals and 11 assists in about 20 games for Messi this season then. Hopefully that helps lift him above Griezmann in next years placings.

6 Likes

In the last 11 or 12 years Real Madrid have won a couple of leagues, Atletico 1 and Barca the rest ? That seems about right does it not ?

Mourinho coming to fix the ship again.

Remember Mesut against Burnley? :wink:

Celta Vigo-Athletic Bilbao today.

Even when people find it boring, it turns out to be a compliment for Messiā€¦haha

Feel bad for you man, I donā€™t watch La Liga but when I see Messi play or see clips like the one above, itā€™s still a pretty joyous experience :slightly_smiling_face:

When heā€™s finally done heā€™s going to leave such a hole in the game.

To not see his brilliance will be a surreal and such a shame , weā€™ve been spoiled really and I think many take him for granted despite his greatness.

And hopefully with time people will come to realise how truly ridiculous it was to ever think CR7 was a better player than Messi.

5 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s a testament to Ronaldo that he is the only one that could even attempt to be in competition with Messi for so many years but itā€™s laughable to say heā€™s better or even on par with the GOAT.

6 Likes

Ronaldo is by far and away without doubt the 2nd best player Iā€™ve seen though.

1 Like