La Liga

That’s what happens when you fail to replace around 30-40 goals a season and continue to rely on Benzema and Bale :confused:

1 Like

Fuck off! 1-2 Real.

2-1 Levante FT! That’s it for Lopetegui.

It’s crazy, isn’t it?

One of the best la Liga seasons in years with Barcelona and Real Madrid struggling and Sky Sports have lost their rights to televise the league.

Thanks Sky. Nice to know what my ever increasing subscription renewal costs are going towards…

2 Likes

I love Marcelo kinda players.
They may find themselves being defensively flawed but more than make up with their offensive contributions.

Marcelo is the 3rd best player in the world and it’s a travesty that Modric and Varane (!) are taking the plaudits reserved for him.

He was their best player in the CL last season.

If you want to give a Madrid player the Ballon D’Or based on CL, then it should be him.

Valencia 0-0 at HT. How many games are they drawing @will24?

Struggling for goals for this season, it’s really difficult to see them making the Champions League again :frowning:

Good thread on Madrid. A lot of these issues were apparent last season:

2 Likes

Leganes score :neutral_face:

1-1 FT.

Yep.

Morata, although not good enough to start, did contribute quite a bit during their title winning season. Same with James Rodriguez, who despite not being a good fit was an end product machine.
Last season however, it was pretty much all about Ronaldo since that was all they had. Terrible decision to sell him and not sign any kind of replacement.

Modric is aging and was honestly not really that great during the league campaign. Kroos is no goal scorer. Some of their other key players, are injury prone and they don’t appear to have any good replacements for them.

2 Likes

Atletico 0-0 at HT.
1-1 FT.

1-0 Atletico

1-1 Villarreal

Valverde needs to go.

Same team with no Dembele, this guy is a hack. Doesn’t deserve the job at all, should’ve been sacked last season.

1 Like

Big Weng with his pick of Europe’s big jobs, tears in my eyes :laca:

Some old-Barca here. 1-0 Coutinho.

Barca playing very well atm.
The :goat: never let you down! 2-0 Barca!

2 Likes

Just knew it would be 2-0 when he collected the ball haha

1 Like

Yeah, typical Messi’s goal. He never misses from that position.

1 Like

Messi looks to have broken his arm, but he goes on.
Edit: he goes off.
Oh Dembele! :giroud2:
Seville way too open at the back. It’s the ideal situation for Dembelè.

Looked like a serious dislocation to me. Would be suprised if he is back within the month if that is the case.

Looks as if one bad fall on his arm could keep Lopetegui in a job :unamused:

1 Like

What a miss from Rakitic!
Barca leading 2-0 at HT though. Best game of the season from them, imo.

Or more likely, Valverde out of one :arteta:

From reddit:

[RAC1] Messi could miss upto two games. There is no fracture in his right arm.
]

@will24

1 Like