Kylian Mbappe

Imagine if the season we miss out on CL we end spending 250m in the transfer market. Scenes.

1 Like

Thats normal

The market has doubled, you can’t get Ozil/Alexis type players for that now, they’d be 70m-100m now.

40m players now look like Lacazette and Mahrez, good players but not elite ones. At least yet.

1 Like

Or to put it another way, imagine if in the transfer window when we only bought a GK, we had spent 250m, we would still be in the CL :wink:

3 Likes

You are quite fucking right there!

1 Like

Bit of a tenuous link. But…

https://twitter.com/Lexus7Sanchez/status/878860182440333312

27 minutes -

The Lacazette smokescreen! :slight_smile:

Would be absolutely mental to buy the kid for this much - would go against anything and everything we have ever done as a club ? Believe me id like the kid here but Wenger is on a madness if he gets him !!

3 Likes

We are signing all ze french! :grimacing:

I find it ridiculous that people care how much we spend on a player as if the money’s taken out of their pocket. The only question that fans need to be concerned with is whether said player is going to help bring the titles in. If yes, spend, else, don’t. Simples.

7 Likes

Apparently from Thursday before the Lacazette bid. I think the ship’s sailed on this one.

1 Like

I think the only concern is that if you spend too much of a certain player it will absolutely restrict our ability to manoeuvre elsewhere in the transfer market. And we all know we’re more than a couple players short of a well rounded squad.

5 Likes

there was never any chance of signing this player, simple as that

2 Likes

we have more money in the bank than any other club in the world ffs.

And we intend to keep it that way …indefinitely :wenger:

4 Likes

I don’t know who this guy is but he works for BeIN and is saying stuff I like so am gonna post it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

He’s been offered a pay rise to stay at Monaco apparently.

People are setting themselves up for a whole heap of disappointment by being invested in a rumour like this. We’re run by a man who didn’t want to pay the extra to sign Higuain, didn’t want to pay the extra in wages to secure Kante and bartered over a couple million when signing Arshavin. We are not suddenly going to break that trend by paying a sum of money that no other club in the world wants to pay for an 18 year old.

5 Likes

except thats literally what we are doing.