Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE)

No need to be sarcastic. Enlighten me what you meant and happened?

1 Like

How exactly have Dubai created their wealth :joy:?

Their main issue is that they have been taken advantage of by frauds and clowns due to them being hands off.

They actually haven’t been too bad as owners and have backed their managers.

Their main issue is that they keep hiring incompetents.
They’re going to have to be more hands-on now.

4 Likes

As we’re seeing at Milan and as we saw at Liverpool - the American owners aren’t the problem it’s the people they’re hiring to run the club. If Kroenke put in charge competent footballing people we would still be a major force in England.

It’s not too late to turn things around but they need to stop with the romantic hires.

Bringing people like Edu, Arteta, Per into the clubs setup has proven to be nothing more than sentimental crap. Stop hiring ex players with no credentials and start giving the major roles to proven individuals.

13 Likes

God bless you, mate!

Yeah the hires we make definitely smack of nepotism, as opposed to merit based hires. That’s the downfall of a lot of companies tbh, always hiring unqualified ppl because they are friends or family. Need someone to take charge at the top and clean house tho, don’t think that will happen.

You’re right but it’s because we’ve got incompetent owners that this keeps happening.
I don’t think Arteta was chosen for sentimental reasons, it was more they could sell the idea as something the supporters could get behind, because he was an ex Arsenal player.
But the real motive was because he was cheap.

This is why I think they’ll repeat the same mistake and go for an Emery type manager that is a name but not elite.

But I agree, giving the job to a complete novice with no experience was unbelievable.

2 Likes

The right proven individuals :wink: . One could argue Sanllehi and Emery were proven.

1 Like

And Mislintat

I can’t argue against the logic of those appointments in light of their qualifications/track record.

However, the quality of recruitment has devolved into chasing a deluded fantasy completely ignoring merit in favour of appointing “likeable” incompetents whose only were only in the running because of their Arsenal connection. They think this is the best way to get the fans onside

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it has devolved. Arteta was a frontrunner from the start and some were surprised Emery got the job. A lot of clubs work like that; Ajax, Bayern, Barcelona, Sevilla, Milan, they’ve all hired people with a past at the club without any experience. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. WHen it doesn’t the club has to act fast. That is where we are failing right now. We took a chance, which is fine by me, it didn’t work out and now the club has to act accordingly. The fact that doesn’t happen is my problem.

Edu has been in capacity of a director/coordinator since 2011 btw.

1 Like

Emery to Arteta is a downgrade in the sense it highlights the flaws of your hiring process, the same applies to Edu compared to Mislintat/Sanllehi.

The Edu appointment never made sense considering he had no track record European in scouting, he wasn’t even highly rated as an executive coming out of Brazil

1 Like

The hiring process has been fault from a start then? Because like I said in summer 2018: Arteta and Emery were the final two for the job and a lot/some people were certain Arteta was going to get it then…

When Maldini got the job recently at Milan he had no experience whatsoever. When do these appointments ever make sense?

1 Like

I think the Process has been flawed from the start and the process has further degraded out of desperation/flawed ideals.

I don’t follow Milan so I can’t comment on Maldini’s role or his effectiveness in it but most I’ll always favour candidates with a strong track record of success and proven methods. I’ve always been against sentimental hires

1 Like

The issue is the ppl doing the hiring. If you are shit at ur job and a bad judge of character ur probably going to fuck up when ur trying to hire someone. Truth be told I’ve got no clue who is doing the hiring here at Arsenal, I only know this club is notorious for making bad decisions for the past 5 - 10 years. So anyone we hire is probably going to be a massive fucking fraud.

1 Like

You could even go a bit further and say that outside of England, this appears to be how most teams do it.

1 Like

I agree.
Although Emery was proven, it was an underwhelming signing considering we were still a big club and challenging for a CL place.
Compared to what we could have had, and who all our rivals got, we got the short end of the straw.

As for then replacing an underwhelming manager with Arteta.
Why?

As for Kroenke Sports and Entertainment, I’m surprised no one has sued them under the trades description act for the use of the word entertainment, in the name.

1 Like

I agree with other comments that just because they are American it doesn’t make them a bad owner. KSE are however a bad owner. The record since they owned it over a long time is all the evidence we need.

Good owners always make sure they appoint the executives they need to make it a success and vice versa. I don’t really know what KSE’s motivations are, but their ability to ensure we flounder under the ever worsening executive leadership they appoint is not to be doubted. Anyone thinking it is somehow not their fault and that they have just been unlucky with their executives all this time are just very naïve in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Do Chelsea fans over in England regret having Roman as an owner ?

None of the ones here do obviously, but the ones I’ve met in England the majority haven’t seemed to be overly disgruntled by either. Small sample size for me regarding English fans though.

2 Likes

I rarely meet any Chelsea fans, I can imagine everyone I meet who supports them only know Chelsea since Roman was the owner considering my age bracket. Id like to know the actual old school Chelsea fans opinions, but they had no history at all and were in no position to challenge.

We can and have challenged under our own merit, its completely possible, look how much money we have spent in the last few years, imagine if they were not dead players like Pepe.

I was simply asking a question in regards to opinions, as I was curious, just my feeling about my club. Dont want us to become sellouts and completely dependent on someone else l.

Again I was never defending the Kroenkes, only the way we are self sufficient. Their knowledge and the people they hire is atrocious.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’s the main issue.

The club don’t want to accept it didn’t work with the players and the coaches they had.

Don’t know when to fold and keep losing chips out of ego.