Kostantinos Mavropanos

Yes, yes we will be when we sell all the shitters that Mavro will replace :+1::grin:

2 Likes

What we really need to do here is bring in another CB , send him out on another loan and run his contract down.

2 Likes

All promising news.
Wouldn’t be a bad thing to keep him as a backup next season.

It’s a risk. Mavro hasn’t looked good for us ever imo and his fitness levels have been questionable.
If he finishes off the season strong we can cash in on him for ~10m. If we keep him here his value might drop again.

It could be worth it, who knows? He can get a fair chance during preseason I reckon.

Did he really post something about a blank sheet against the 11th place team in the League. :zipper_mouth_face:

He hasn’t played any more first team football than Saliba despite being four years older. I have no idea what will happen but I don’t think there is room for both of them with us next year. In a vacuum, my preference would be to integrate Saliba into our CB rotation, with the hope that over the course of the year he becomes first choice RCB, and to loan Mav back to Stuttgart again. His contract is up in 2023 so if he is doing well then we should look to extend him again and then either phase him in the next year or sell.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Chris Wheatley really likes the Greeks doesn’t he? :sweat_smile:

Not even a starter for Greece

1 Like

Tbf, Greece is known to be clinging on their old players. Probably gonna take him 2-3 years until he becomes a starter for them.

FTFY

3 Likes
1 Like

Worst case Ontario we could at least sell him for a decent fee if he keeps performing like this, if he’s not good enough for us.

He has good hair

Best case Okinawa is that he finds his feet, becomes a beast CB and Holding is consigned to being 5th/6th choice

5 Likes
3 Likes

+2.5m

2 Likes

It’s been a good match day for our loanees.
(aside the sad news about Torreira’s mother)

Did you watch Dinos play? i never thought he had the intelligence for it, i know his stats are good but does he actually play good?

Nope. I am very much in the dark with the lad. I was never really convinced in the few chances he was given here but that was a long time ago. His name keeps popping up the past year and people around him praise him a lot.

Interesting to see if he is given a run during preseason and if we receive any good offers for him.

Is Greece playing in the Euros this summer?

1 Like