Kieran Tierney (Loan: Real Sociedad)

Better not be true, such a shame as he’s top talent.

I still wouldn’t ship him though… 20 games outta Tierney is better than some bonehead player we’d likely replace him with.

2 goals 3 assists in 2 seasons and gets rinsed in 1v1’s I love him but that’s not good output. Need consistency not injuries every 2 seconds

Who said to me earlier that Tierney is the best left back in the world??? :joy::joy::joy: show yourself

Name me a better one. It’s only Robbo that has a claim.

Tierney isn’t even the best left back in England, Shaw has been better than Tierney this season, and doesn’t get injured as much

We’ve been praising him nonstop since coming back from his injury and now he had one bad match before getting injured and he’s suddenly bad?
He’s also been playing two times a week for a while now and he doesn’t have a backup. Give the lad a break.

I was saying since before the Pool game that Tierney isn’t even the best left back in England lmao. That’s a toss up between Digne and Shaw

1 Like

LOL

Nah he’s one of the players I genuinely like at Arsenal, think he’s better than what he’s showing. But no to the world league thing

1 Like

I know. We’ve had that convo in the morning. :grin:
Pretty bad timing for me to say it but I’ve thought it’s been a toss up between him and Robbo for a year now.
Loved Digne for a while but he is a bit overrated since arriving at Everton. Shaw has been good but I don’t think he has been as good as Tierney. He does have being fit for most of the season going for him so I can accept your point.

Shaw has been good for half a season.

Best LB’s in the league are Robertson and Digne.

Anyhow hope the injury is nothing serious, he has some crappy luck.

Screenshot_20210404-081749

Not good from that angle :weary:

I can sense bad news coming along, tbh at this point I’d take news that has him ready for the start of next season.

He’ll be desperate to play in the Euros though. Might not get another chance to play in a big international tournament.

Obviously our league campaign is done, but we could do with him in the EL. Would have to revert to Saka at LB otherwise I think.

Oh I know we need him, I just can’t bare the thought of it being an ACL or something. That would be a strange way to do an ACL however.

Definitely need to see more from him as a defender. I think he’s too easily beaten in one v one situations and I also see him getting rinsed regularly. He seems to get a pass because of his attacking contributions.

His injury record is also concerning. This will be another season where he’s spent around half of it injured now. So that was 15 league games last year and likely to be 22 this year unless he comes back in the final few weeks. So in two seasons he’s managed 37 games which is obviously less than a full season of fixtures.

Yesterday’s injury was an an impact injury, so you can’t hold that against him but even before that people wanted to see him rotated after he’d played about 5/6 games in a row.

I like Tierney. He’s one of the brighter spots in our team but for what he’s said to bring to the team I want to see more next season. Hopefully, Arteta is booted out and replaced by a capable manager.

1 Like

He’s gotten worse defensively since he’s come here imo.

He was never getting beaten in some of the 1-on-1s last season.

I dunno what’s happened

1 Like

Simple, he became besties with Hector

I’m so fucking bummed about his injury. I think it’s ligament damage. Is there any news today? We can’t afford him out long term ffs.

Competent LB cover was a necessity in January by the way. Cedric isn’t that.

1 Like

Surgery will not be required and it’s hoped that Kieran will be back in full training within four to six weeks.

We’re gonna miss him. Injury prone :santi:

1 Like

he’s fine for The Euros :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like