Kieran Tierney (Loan: Real Sociedad)

He got his hip fixed.

Every player gets “knocks”

Just admit you don’t rate him and want him sold lol.

He’ll make you eat your words soon. :grin:

Why have you jumped to that conclusion?

I haven’t really seen enough of him in an Arsenal shirt to decide either way in all honesty.

1 Like

He’s not swapping Arsenal for Leicester. Apparently Chilwell is going to Chelsea, so people have looked around the clubs at who could replace him and decided that because Rodgers likes Tierney, he’d be a good fit.

But yeah won’t happen.

1 Like

I was reading elsewhere and seeing as much as £85m quoted for Chillwell! I mean, surely not. He’s decent, but that would be a ridiculous fee and just goes to show what we’re up against.

2 Likes

I think just money back would be a huge result, his value has only depreciated this season. Would help the club to cover some of the economic impact of the pandemic as well to get a fee and his wages off the books.

Really fear this Saka at left back thing is maybe going to be a thing here. Be another AMN level of mistake if we do. Keep Tierney FFS.

1 Like

This is the source mate :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Arteta talking to Iain Wright on a podcast just a few weeks ago

“I totally agree with you,” he told Wright. "I’m really looking forward to working with him and giving him the opportunity to play.

“His attitude, his commitment, his willingness, it’s incredible.

“I think he’s going to bring something special to us. It [the injury] has been a shame, but it’s part of his development. During your career, you go through these moments.

“I challenged him to say, 'Kieran, how are you going to react to that? You can’t feel sorry for yourself, this happened.

Don’t give them the publicity :joy:

2 Likes

It doesn’t make sense to sell. I don’t want us to get rid of either him or David Luiz

Why? I think we should give it another go with Tierney, but Saka has shown promise as left back. More than Maitland-Niles ever.

Given all the trash we have in our squad, to sell Tierney would be absolutely nonsensical at this point, unless we believe his body is fried to the point of Diaby and Wilshere levels.

3 Likes

Thought he was great tonight.

Our best player after Leno. By getting a clean run of games he’ll show why the two best left backs in the league are Scottish

1 Like

Yeah agree he was a bright spot for us for sure.

@Calum @Electrifying you seen him play there? We might not have a choice given that our CB options are dropping like flies.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say he’s played there a lot like he has said in the tweet but he’s played there a few times for us with us having no good CB’s and two class LB’s :joy::joy:

As a short term option it would work as he is decent there.

1 Like

He has played there for Celtic and Scotland at times and been good, as Calum said, because Robertson has been LB.

1 Like

Getting flashbacks of Monreal at CB.

Monreal at CB was ok, it was Chambers as RB that was calamitous.

Tierney, if he can stay fit, could be one of our best players although from his perspective, he must wonder what he has walked into.

1 Like

Monreal did as good a job as we could have expected from him at CB. I hated it but he never shamed himself in the role.

1 Like

Getting him and possibly Saliba could be a sign of hope for some people tbf, that recruitment isn’t all bad…

Optimistic people could say that we get a guy like Tierney in every window, we’ll be back soon.

1 Like