Kieran Tierney (Loan: Real Sociedad)

Those sportswashing homophobic jerks can pay a premium if they want to buy within the league.

If he is leaving I want 70m.

If cucuwhateverhisname is costs that then :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Tierney is a PL commodity. This is the kind of bid you get from Juve or Marseille (with the exception of some fruit and veg chucked in).

We’re talking about an inner-PL transfer, where even without the backing of a gulf state, clubs can afford to pay a pretty sum for someone of Kieran’s stature.

Why are we always the schmucks that dabble in ‘fair’ fees. You have pissants like Fulham trying it on and wincing at £15M. Fucking South London BELLENDS.

We can’t be nice guys here, the Geordies are loaded, so cough up the clams, you haway merchants.

3 Likes

South West please mate thank you

1 Like

All the same, isn’t it?

:sol:

Pretty sure people from south London would take offence to being associated with soft middle class ponces like me :joy:

1 Like

Yes I do :rofl:

2 Likes

Newcastle interest appears genuine. Both Wheatley and Hopkinson reported it.
Also, fullback is on the agenda as we know.

I’ll be very happy if we can sell him for £30m.

1 Like

40m or we shouldn’t even be taking the call.

8 Likes

Those sportswashing dickheads should be paying huge premiums if they want to buy within England.

2 Likes

ok ÂŁ150m it is then

1 Like

They paid 25m for Willock. Yep, bidding starts at 40m for a multi-time Scottish league winner, former captain and soon to be Premier League champion.

I still don’t understand the logic of selling Tierney in the summer. He offers something different to Zinny at LB and is a very good player. We need to strengthen in other positions, so why weaken our strength and depth again at LB and give us a problem. Tavares is not an option at LB so it means going out and buying a new LB. Tierney hasn’t been able to play a full season, but with CL football next season, plus cup runs, he will get more than enough match time to keep him happy and he will be in a team that can genuinely compete for titles and cups.

Unless we can sell for a big profit and bring in a player of equal or better quality for the same or less money, we have other priorities for the summer transfer window.

1 Like

I really rate Tierney but it’s apparent that he doesn’t fit our style of play and that Arteta doesn’t fancy/trust him. There is quite a bit of logic to selling him.

Well we don’t have to sell, but we can. That’s not a bad position to be in.

Yeah, but we have to find a replacement at least as good as Tierney and be able to buy the replacement for the same or less money we get from selling Tierney. Not easy and I’m worried this weakens us again at LB.

I feel like this is overblown.

Prior to this season the main reason Tierney didn’t play was due to injury. Just the season before we specifically bought a player to be his backup.

Zinchenko for sure brings something Arteta clealry likes that isn’t in Tierney’s locker but the game isn’t so one dimensional that it then equates to the manager not liking or trusting his play. No doubt he’d like both Tierney and Zinny to improve different things.

I feel like too much has been made of the few Tomi appearances at LB. A player who himself lost his place to someone playing out of position and I don’t hear the same stuff levelled his direction.

Think ideally Arteta would like Tierney to stay but if the bid is right and he wants to go (not convinced of that either) then it’s what will be the best for all.

There was one time Arteta stuck with Tavares when Tierney was fit back in 2021 tbf.
Cedric who barely played this season even got time at LB over Tierney when Arteta started going with Tomi.

I think Arteta does like Tierney but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say he doesn’t necessarily fit in our system. Granted, Tierney has put the work in to fit into that. We saw it during those friendlies during the World Cup and in the brief time he played after, essentially tucking in like Zinchenko. Still very unnatural though and goes against his instincts.

Anyway, I think Tierney is better than being a bench warmer and if we can get a good fee for him I think it would be best for both parties to go their separate ways in the summer.

It’s something that we have to get used to btw. We can’t retain all our assets and it’ll be essential for us to sell assets for good fees and reinvest accordingly. And it isn’t just about us making money back but also players themselves wanting more game time.

1 Like

We’ll find a replacement who fits the system better. No drama, no bad feelings, just the team evolving away from him. It happens.