José Mourinho

I think Marseille will win it.

1 Like

If Leicester win it, it would be massive for the club.

It’ll be a bridge too far methinks

Yeah, it’s between Leicester, Roma and Marseille.
Leicester have the better team by some margin but they lack European pedigree.
Marseille have a really good and exciting team too and they have some European pedigree.
Roma have a shit team, a good manager and some European pedigree as well.

Marseille are probably best positioned to win this.

Can’t see it, their defense is going to undo them. Even Rennes was a close call.

1 Like

Still has enough in the tank. People don’t understand this Roma team is worse than the Spurs team he left behind. With patience and some smart buys, they can do well with him

1 Like

:rofl:

Top 4 in Serie A, if he gets there, won’t be a massive achievement, based on the decline of Serie A. I don’t know what the definition of “left in the tank” means in terms of any bar, but he’s clearly unlikely to manage a Top 8 PL club again.

At the start of the season;

Juventus
Inter
Milan
Napoli
Atalanta

Were 5 teams that were categorically better and still are. Lazio were at least equal. They’ve been poorly managed for a few seasons now and haven’t finished in the top 4 for 3 years prior to this.

If he takes this squad to top 4 in the Serie A then that’s a big achievement for him and this team.

1 Like

Why does he need to manage in the PL?

There’s more to football than the premier league lol

1 Like

“Decline of Serie A”, sure it ain’t the best league in the world as it used to be but it’s definitely better than current La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1.
Achieving Top 4 with current Roma is absolutely an achievement with how much better Inter, Milan, Atalanta, Napoli and Juve are.

Btw, I still think he is waiting for the right moment to join Newcastle. Think he will be taking over once Eddie steadies the ship.

2 Likes

I thought this early in the season but no way it’s better than La Liga man. Seria A clubs have been appalling in Europe and i can’t say the entertainment for the top makes up for it.

Mourinho is still doing a good job though, and if he’s backed in the summer i see Roma thriving tbh

1 Like

As I said, it depends on what the bar, or standards, are, to say he still has fuel left in the tank.

If PL teams met the Milan teams in a two-legged tie in an European competition the way things are the PL team would be favourites. Napoli is a club that always comes second best to Arsenal in the transfer market, no disrespect, just a fact. Napoli and Atalanta aren’t exactly behemoths. I will of course cede regarding Juve, but that is like Bayern Munich and Bundesliga.

The main thing here though is putting Napoli and Atalanta on pedestals, as if usurping them is some earth shattering achievement.

The usual PL arrogance speaking here

I’m not really sure how you’ve managed to respond to my post with that? I haven’t said anything about PL vs. Serie A - I was merely pointing out that Jose will have achieved something good if he can take Roma back into the CL.

1 Like

Worth remembering the position Roma is in. Not a great squad. Anyone they get that was decent always is sold and the club immediately goes straight back to shit. I think top 4 would be respectable from Mourinho.

It’s Roma.

I’m talking about that Top 4 in Serie A and breaking into it. If it means displacing Napoli/Atalanta that isn’t earth shattering.

This is somewhat similar to me being unpopular breaking up a circle jerk over Auba in his thread a week back. So be it. Carry on.

1 Like

But who said it would be earth shattering?

Napoli has been a better club than Roma for quite some time.

1 Like