John Monchi

they dont though not in general that is a done on consensus he doesnt have the power to sell players that would be for people above him to decide…people like monchi do not run the club they just find and recommend talent. He could very well push hard for the club to buy said player but cant force the issue just suggest but he sure wouldnt have the power to sell off players. Sounds like fans are trying to find someone to blame for what they dont like and they feel it is Monchis fault when they should be looking elsewhere. Do you think we could blame Sven if we decided to sell Ozil?

That usually goes down to the board though doesnt it? i didnt think they could do that without boards consent…if i am wrong i apologise but i always thought final say is down to owners.

I dont really know how our board makes decisions, and i agree its more complicated than one person having its way, but i do think that director of football (in any club) has a big influence in transfer policy.

I like him a lot, but I do have reservations if he’s the right fit for this club, he’s got some good fees (Alisson is a gun fee) but you’re not building a squad for winning titles and trophies if you’re always selling your best players.

Perhaps that’s where our structure comes in.

He buys and sell players. That’s his job description. Literally. The board doesn’t do shit, because they appointed a person to do it for them. Of course there’s a structure in place, but the decision is made by him.

We have to take a look at their deals. He managed to inclue Zaniollo in the Nainggolan zaga despite he didn’t play a single pro match. Cristante was a good deal too.

2 Likes

well then i stand corrected apologies @Daniel14

2 Likes

That said, someone that is actually good at selling players is what this club needs as well.

1 Like

Cristante, Zaniolo both look like good deals and he signed Under as well.

Over at Sevilla he signed Alves, Baptista, Rakitic, Fabiano, Kondogbia.

Has an excellent track record so I’m not against it

1 Like

I can see both sides.

Roma lost a lot of talent over the past year. They’ve gone backwards.

But they’ve also gained many players that they can sell for a shitton.

As that’s where we are as a club as well, he’d be perfect for us imo.

2 Likes

Not that I particularly credit our hierarchy for thinking ahead, but perhaps we let Mislintat go knowing we had a replacement coming in. Whether it’s Monchi remains to be seen but that’s what a normal business would try and do.

1 Like

Club doesn’t know how to replace players but they sure know how to replace executives

So we get Barca’s dof but make him head of “football relations”, fire our head of recruitment and get Roma’s dof as head of recruitment instead? Are we on a strategy to just collect dofs like they’re pokemons we should get Marotta while we’re at it. Make him head of whateverhewants

Well, executives’ wages are probably not that regulated.

1 Like

My biggest issue with Monchi is the potential constant reshuffling of the squad. My biggest issue with Roma the past years is how they keep changing personnel, not allowing the squad to gel effectively. Granted, this extends with Roman even before he arrived. I just fear that the fact this has continued, means he approves of it.
He makes good deals though. Knows how to sell and smartly buy. Granted, that’s an Italian thing. They always know how to undig talents from around the world and sell them for hefty prices.

Don’t know tbh… How can we know we have a replacement before we know someone is leaving? Of course nobody knows the in and outs of what has happened here but the sounds going around very much point to Sven walking himself out. Feels much like the club are reacting on finding the replacement.

This.
Thats what lpooo did, sell big, spend big.
If we sold Ramsey for 40-50 milion we could have reinvested the money in a cb or a rb, not to mention all the other bad deals we made in the past.

1 Like

I would suggest it’s been known internally for some time that Mislintat wasn’t happy / wasn’t fitting into our new executive structure, so I’d hope we have been working behind the scenes to find a replacement for a while.

Agree that if it his leaving is something completely out of the blue, it’s not feasible to get a replacement straight away but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Fair really.

6 Likes

Not when the #1 thing Arsenal fans (probably including this joker) moans about is how shit the players are.

1 Like

Indeed, time shall tell I guess