Joe Willock

Our obsession with loans boggles my fucking mind

There’s nothing wrong with utilizing the loan system if you do it in a savvy way.

You promote a young player or bring in a young player in their late teens and show them there’s a path to the first team. They have to get there by competing and performing and playing regularly. Loans aren’t always perfect, especially if you send someone down the table and the manager gets canned. Suddenly the new coach has a loanee who they didn’t ask for and probably won’t play.

But big lol at Arteta thinking Joe has a future here. He basically has the word “Midtable” tattooed on his forehead. No shame in it but I’ve seen enough to not want to see any more of him.

I’ll expand…our obsession with shit, pointless loans boggles my fucking mind.

ESR to huddersfield probably the only loan move we have gotten right since Jack at Bolton.

1 Like

Can we just get this guy away on a permanent deal and get some money ?

If Arteta thinks he has a longterm future at the club it’s deeply concerning, isn’t he already turning 22 this year ?

1 Like

Just to make an 18 month loan even more stupid he is out of contract in 2023. We better not fucking extend him

3 Likes

We will in the summer so he can retain his value.

That value is going to be loads of use when we can’t shift him cos we paid him too much

1 Like

Hopefully we can just sell him instead.

1 Like

:100: this

What about Woj or do you not really count that?

For reasons I will never understand we loaned Woj out cos we seemingly didn’t want him here anymore.

2 Likes

No, I meant before the whole smoking in the shower thing. When he was at Brentford.

2 Likes

Ah. Well, that was the same year as Jack (I had to look I’m not Aussie) and Woj went at the start of that season.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Who does Arteta sub in at 86 minutes now?

Remember when crowds were a thing?

4 Likes

Making his debut. Bet he gets the winner :grin:

2 Likes