Joe Willock

Never said that.
Rewarding Willock is one of the first steps imo to get something going for me but he alone won’t solve shit.

Whether it’s Willock or Nketiah the Europa League is about their level, neither have bright futures here.

Can probably add Smith-Rowe to the list too.

5 Likes

But he is not good enough, and never will be…Why reward him, or persist with him, when it is bloody obvious that he is not an Arsenal first team player…It’s crap like this that makes our club a fuckin joke at the moment…Too many shit players on massive money who are all either under performing or simply not good enough.
Stop the sentimentality, move him on, thanks, but no thanks…

2 Likes

You say that like we are thrashing teams outside the top 6 week in and week out who are far worse than Europa teams. We are not at any level to talk like that in the position we are in

What exactly is obvious here? He has been outperforming our senior midfielders this season.

Reminder that some of our starters have been involved in the EL and League Cup and he still looked better than them.

He deserves a fair run of games like they have.

OK, we are going to have to agree to disagree here, but if you think he is Arsenal quality, then I’m sorry, but you’re wrong.
He may have outperformed some of our other players, but sometimes that happens, overall he does not have what it takes to be here.

Soon he will be playing for a championship side, that is his level…

2 Likes

He’ll make a good box to box scoring midfielder for someone like Nottingham Forest.

4 Likes

The Reds don’t want him when they’ve got Joe Lolley

“Love ya Loll-eh!”

1 Like

He’s not saying that though. He’s saying Willock is worth a more sustained shot given the fact that we have the squad we have and most of it is shit and he is arguably outperforming those who are playing.

And I think he’s right about that.

1 Like

I’m not saying that either, I said:

“He may have outperformed some of our other players, but sometimes that happens, overall he does not have what it takes to be here.”

It happens sometimes that not such good players play better than normal regulars, it does not mean that they should play every week. Certainly in this case as the lad is not good enough…

2 Likes

Which of our players playing ahead of Willock are supposedly Arsenal quality then?

No one thinks he’s a future superstar but he’s a player who is performing well enough right now to be in this current shithouse team more regularly.

5 Likes

I actually agree that Willock has been better than most of our midfielders this year. Thats a shocking indictment on our midfield but yeah. I think I’d rather have him in the midfield before Elneny and Xhaka. So if we are ever gonna play a midfield 3 it would be Partey, Dani, and Willock furthest forward. Shitty options but I do think that would be our best setup.

2 Likes

Or could Saka be capable of playing the furthest forward in a midfield 3 ?

1 Like

Actually yeah maybe Saka. In a perfect world we’d have a lineup like this.

----------------Defense-------------
Willock-------Dani-------Partey
-------Özil-----------------Saka/pepe
--------------‐—Auba---------------

Think we’d both dominate midfield and create a ton of chances with this team but ya know that whole issue of Arteta…

My god, if that’s a perfect world lineup…I’m ready to end it. Just finish it off, no point

5 Likes

Well best possible lineup considering our roster.

One of the very few pushing the team yesterday. Would have been helpful if the others bothered too.

He’s kind of shit tbh.

1 Like

Not really.

Did he do 1 good thing in his 30 mins on the pitch ?

:pray: all his mins go to ESR from now on.

5 Likes