Jens Lehmann

Not hugely surprised by that tweet, Jens has never seemed like the dignified type :laughing:

1 Like

Jens wasn’t good enough. Total novelty appointment

Glad we’ve got a highly rated GK coach in place

If a goalkeeper is shit a goalkeeper is shit. A goalkeeping coach changes nothing about that. Look at Trapp.

1 Like

Maybe people like him, Keane etc. think that since their attitude worked while they were footballers, that same attitude will work in every aspect of their life.

4 Likes

Talk of Manchester United and Arsenal circa mid 00s always brings me back to this incredible Lehmann save.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Nothing beats Lehmann taking a piss behind an advertising board mid-game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Followed by Ole’s expression and saying “I thought that was in.”

Great moment.

2 Likes

Was 11 rows behind that goal, for THAT save. I remember being completely dumbstruck when he somehow pulled that save out the bag. The way he was diving back towards his goal but pushes the ball away from goal… Just top class.

Still the best save I’ve seen in the flesh (though proximity and the context of the match might be making it stick in my mind more than some others)

Also the best 0-0 I’ve seen live in terms of the spectacle. Was also awestruck to see the Galacticos at little old Highbury as a sixteen year old, even though we were a class outfit back then. One of those games I’ll never ever forget.

8 Likes

Phenomenal save and really happy it’s got a mention here. Very forgotten compared to other saves. That was a rare and great away win.

Was trying to find the clip of Riquelme and Lehmann with the original ITV commentary the other day and was struggling. I don’t think we’ll ever love a keeper as much as the moment Lehmann made that stop.

1 Like

Bit long winded but here it is haha

2 Likes
6 Likes

Jens not happy

3 Likes
9 Likes

Wasn’t a bad old season that 1988/89 all in all, was it? :wink:

2 Likes

I won’t have a bad word said about mad Jens
What a character and on his day a very very good keeper .
Mad Jens could start a fight in a phone box .
Love this guy

4 Likes

The best …
retro shirts
Anfield
Georgie Graham
Special Brew at 9%
The good ol’days

1 Like

Georgie Grahams magic
He wears a magic hat
He took one look at
2 league titles
2 league cups
1 FA Cup
1 Cup winner’s cup
And said I’m having that

1 Like

I’m having that .
I personally don’t give a flying fudge what anyone says George Graham was and should be King George.
GG came in , ie Arteta but the big difference was Graham installed what The Arsenal stood for , what the shirt meant and what it meant to represent Tne Arsenal.
I know I’m grumpy and old but simple days , enjoyable days .

1 Like