James Maddison

Saka and ESR don’t score goals. Pepe scores goals in May when the seasons over. Our attack is in absolute shambles if this is how we’re lining up.

1 Like

Tbf, looks like this could be another Pepe or Partey. A source is adamant about it, the others(along with Ornstein) say it’s not possible.

Will be interesting to see if Bell gives an update about the situation.

1 Like

I am so surprised

2 Likes

We have to get Maddison.
To go another season without a goal scoring midfielder would mean our marquee signing in this window would be a Brighton CB.

1 Like

Yeah Pepe is getting overrated on here. Yes he is not the useless bastard he was 70 perfect of the season. Also Like you said Saka won’t have preseason to work with and would need maybe another month mentally to recover for the euros. Plus Saka is a more of creative player not a goal scorer . Saka won’t ever get 20 goals a season. Pepe’s scored about 3 real goals all season. Wolves Leicester Southampton. The rest are fucking jokes. You can’t possibly count goals vs bottom 6 dross with nothing to play for, when the pressure was off or shite like Dundalk or Molde, or statpadding pens. To be honest, this is the last chance for Pepe. I do not dislike him as a did at the beginning of the season on the level that can not stand Willian. He’s turning 27 this year which should mean he’s currently in his prime. There’s no europa this year for him to statpad so he has to perform in the league.

2 Likes

Yeah, auba has to start upfront with Laca dropped. And persist with it. That means all we have is pepe and 2 youngsters who haven’t developed their finishing game at all.

Esr and Saka are both smart players, the movement off the ball is class so hopefully it comes.

Have to be looking at aouar as a guaranteed signing now. 25m for a direct player isn’t too sad. He won’t lose too much value if he’s shit just don’t give him a big wages.

2 Likes

Just on ability, I would feel uncomfortable but banking on his fitness is a worry too.

If he needs rest or get injured it’s Willian in there lol.

3 Likes

Just you watch, I can see them doing it.

Think people are going to be underwhelmed come end of the window.

Absolutely. The kid doesn’t even always play 90 minutes in a game cause he runs out of steam. It’s not fair to burden him with the bulk of the creativity of this team. We need an established CAM, whether that be Maddison or someone else.

I’ll go as far as saying if ESR is going to be our main creative player this year, Arteta might find himself without a job before the end of the year.

5 Likes

That’s exactly why we are signing more defenders. If you can’t score, you have to make sure you don’t concede. Adding Ramsdale will only improve that.

We’re seriously picking and choosing real goals here?
:pepe1:

Man Ornstein is such a one note cunt. Pretty sure he probably said the exact same shit about Partey last year, and Pepe the year or two before.

It’s so obvious when he had connections at the club we constantly told him we had no funds because we didn’t want the market to know we were moving and for the most part probably did have Emirate’s stuff to pay off. It’s well established now though that we have money to spend and can/will.

Hate him and his dull as fuck reports.

2 Likes

People so overlook this lads fitness. Can obviously be improved on but not to the levels of a ready made regular starter yet.

1 Like

Better value to be had elsewhere too

I’d take Bernado over him as he’s much more versatile.

2 Likes

Buendia was that guy…

4 Likes

My sense is that Arteta/Edu know they need a CAM (they’ve literally said as much) but are also happy to wait until the end of the window to sign one. Maybe they are waiting to see if Odegaard comes available again. Or whether Maddison’s price comes down as he seems to be falling out with Rodgers. Or what kinds of dominos start falling after potential mega-transfers occur like Kane, Grealish, Haaland, or Mbappe. Or maybe they just figure that they can wait out the market because backup options like Aouar don’t seem to be going anywhere. But there seems to be less urgency than with other positions, despite it being such an obvious need.

I would like to see them kick the tires on some of the players at RBL. They just bought Szoboszlai and then hired Jesse Marsch, who developed Szoboszlai at RB Salzburg, so I assume he is a big part of their plans. Hard to see how they fit more than two maybe three of Szoboslai, Dani Olmo, Nkunku, and Forsberg into a team given they all play CAM or on the left. I’m not too interested in Forsberg at this point but Olmo and Nkunku both seem pretty intriguing, especially Nkunku.

3 Likes

He was indeed.

I think he’ll have a very good season and we may just regret not being in for him.

1 Like

I agree that Arteta and Edu know we need an AM but the problem with waiting for the dominoes to fall, before we make our move on certain players, is that rival clubs like spurs will have a lot more spending power.
This means we could face even more competition for players we’re after.

We’ve tried this strategy before and it often doesn’t work in our favour.

3 Likes

I’m not saying its necessarily a good strategy, its just what I see happening.

I think we will sign a GK and CM before we sign a CAM.

3 Likes

Conte better start looking for houses in Herts.

Bad run and senior management have to pull the trigger

3 Likes